AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query /Area / acres

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
459 Views, 6 Replies

Query /Area / acres

I have a polygone coverage that has object properties What I want to do
is query the info into a new drawing label the polygones with there
corresponding area but I want it in acres. I want to covert the ft^2 to
Acres. I have no problem getting it to do it in feet. Also is it
possible to add another property to the data fields tha Map generates
area perimeter etc

Tom
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pmlhome
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Tom, I think I can help.

If you read the string that started on July 30 (help area calculations) you will find the following.

I am assuming you are using object data to contain your data, and you are using topologies to manage your data.

After you have attached the drawing, use the alter properties section of the query dialog box and click the text box. After clicking data and selecting the table and field with the area, modify the expession in the top part of the test dialog to look like this:
(strcat (rtos (/ : 43650) 2 2) " acres")

Orig. expression being exactly what was in the box before you modified it without the <>.

Rtos will set your precision, in this case to two decimal places.

Autocad map does create perimeter info with topologies.
It is somewhere within the tpmcntr field.
Message 3 of 7
tomrodgers

Pmlhome

That works perfect thanks for the help. I should spend more time learning lisp. Or maybe the available books could give better examples so hack like me can edit code to make it work for them

Tom
Message 4 of 7
tomrodgers

Looking at the function why do you use (rtos 2 2) not just rtos 2
Message 5 of 7
tomrodgers

Ignore the question about the rtos 2 2. Alittle time in the help menu answered my question.

Thanks again
Tom
Message 6 of 7
tomrodgers

I've got one more question now that I have got the labeling part down and thanks again. When I'm done with this work I need to create a shape file, piece of cake but how do I get the acres as part of the object data that Arcview will get. Do I have to generate a report with this new field we created and add it to the dbase file or is there a way to added it in Map ????

Tom
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I have not done this yet, but I have seen it done. After your topology is ready, use the create closed polylines under topology on the Map pulldown. You will see some options at the bottom, one of them being "Copy Object data from centroid to pline". Shape files must have the data on the line and not the centroid. After that process is complete, try exporting to a shp file. This should work. Let me know how this works, Tom.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost