AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DrWileFTracer
661 Views, 3 Replies

Queries

Although I use Civil 3d 2013, I have never used the map 3d program. I have GIS data and need to perform queries but I can't seem to figure out how to get a query to work.

I have the drawing open and the data is displayed. On the Task Pane I right click on "Current Query" and choose "Define". On the "Define Query of Attached drawing" dialog under "Query Type" I want pick "Data" which opens the "Data Condition" dialog. At this point you can choose Object Class, Object Properties, Database Link, Object Data or attribute. When I pick any of these options I get a "No Tables Found" message at the bottom of the dialog box (with the exception of Attribute). I'm therefore left with nothing to pick for the Object Data Fields.

Am I approaching this task the corrrect way? If so, what could be causing this to occur. If I'm going about it the wrong way, could someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can't query the current drawing (well, you could, but it's an undocumented feature, so we pass through).

1] in an empty drawing, type in _ADEDRAWINGS and attach your DWG

2] now issue _ADEQUERY and perform a "draw" query as you want, sir. 

Message 3 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: antoniovinci

is the GIS data connected? ie shp or sdf?  if so, display manager tab, right click the layer and select  query to filter data, enter the query and OK.  the query result will show on the map.  if you want to use that result later in other maps on DM tab, right click the layer and Save Layer, name and save it.  drop and drag the .layer file into a map when needed.

dave

Message 4 of 4

That helped. Problem solved.

Thanks very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost