AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish DWF with Attributes - Map 2012

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Gary_Braun
840 Views, 10 Replies

Publish DWF with Attributes - Map 2012

There's supposed to be a way to publish a map to DWF and include attribute data from gis feature sources and joins, but I'm not able to get it to work, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

I have a map displaying parcels from an SDF connection and have joined it to a non-spatial SQL Server table so I can theme on ownership. The map displays exactly what I want, so now I would like to publish to DWF with attributes, but when I go to MAPDWFOPTIONS, the window doesn't present a list of attributes to select, it is simply blank. Have I missed a step someplace?

I'm using Map 2012 SP1 on WinXP SP3.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

I have tried it, I get the FDO-attributes within the MAPDWFOPTIONS-dialog visible and selectable.

What I have ... I have servicepack1 of Map3D2012 installed

What I don't have (at the moment) .... tried it with a joined database (just plane SHP connected)

Could you try/verify

• that you have servicepack1 installed (look >>>here<<<)
  • that same happens without joined databases
  • all in a new drawing

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11

In my glorious Map2006 I cannot simulate your FDO environment, but I can publish regular GeoDWF with Gis attributes (check my home country out) only paying attention to the following setup of MAPDWFOPTIONS...

Message 4 of 11

Hi,

no ... FDO-data is not based on object-data, Objectdata in Map3D is only used for internal GIS-functions, FDO is fully different to that.

The dialog for MAPDWFOPTIONS looks now like that.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 11

Herr Alfred,

as you can see in the DWF above, my Map2006 is not able to export the cursor coords', even if I force the CRS with ADESETCRDSYS.

Does Map2012 keep them, to be shown e.g. in the free viewer Autodesk Design Review? 

Vielen Dank ! 

Message 6 of 11

Hi,

>> Map2006 is not able to export the cursor coords

Sorry, I don't understand this part of the question: "export cursor coords"

Globally the area I see in the DWF-file (when viewing in DesignReview) depends on what I export, modelspace or paperspace!

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 11
Murph_Map
in reply to: antoniovinci

@antoniovinci wrote:

Herr Alfred,

as you can see in the DWF above, my Map2006 is not able to export the cursor coords', even if I force the CRS with ADESETCRDSYS.

Does Map2012 keep them, to be shown e.g. in the free viewer Autodesk Design Review? 

Vielen Dank ! 

I'm not Herr Alfred or even a her...... 🙂

Yes it does export with the coordinates and creates a geo-referance DWF. That started back in 2009/10 versions.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 8 of 11
antoniovinci
in reply to: Murph_Map

Murph wrote:
That started back in 2009/10 versions.

Well, I suppose it's time to speak with my boss over an urgent upgrade...

@ Alfred:

I was meaning: when you move your mouse, you see the dynamic change of LL84 coordinates in the status bar of DWF viewers like Design Review...

Message 9 of 11
Gary_Braun
in reply to: Gary_Braun

After experimenting a bit more with this this morning, I can confirm that the FDO attributes ARE available in the mapdwfoptions dialog for all feature classes and joins, EXCEPT for SDF connections.

So this seems to work fine for SDE and SHP data connections but will not work, (here anyway), with SDF.

BTW, yes I do have SP1 installed.

Message 10 of 11
Murph_Map
in reply to: antoniovinci

@antoniovinci wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
That started back in 2009/10 versions.

Well, I suppose it's time to speak with my boss over an urgent upgrade...

I have been try to tell you that for the past 3 years. 🙂

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 11 of 11
machadt
in reply to: Gary_Braun

Hi there,

If the data is all linked, you should be able to create the DWF file with the join information.

DWF Publishing Option: object data, classification data, GIS feature sources, joins, linked records from an external database, data table information.

Please feel free to load your file.

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost