AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Parsec for AutoCAD Map 3D available on Autodesk Labs

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
scott.sheppard
2632 Views, 14 Replies

Project Parsec for AutoCAD Map 3D available on Autodesk Labs

Project Parsec for AutoCAD® Map 3D 2012 software provides functionality that enables users to import and map GIS geometries and attributes to AutoCAD Map 3D industry models* from SDF, SQLite, and Esri® SHP and geodatabase files, as well as Microsoft® SQL Server® and Oracle® databases.

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/parsec/

Alternatively to posting in this thread, you can email labs.map3d.parsec@autodesk.com - whichever you prefer.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Unfortunately shortly after the launch of our technology preview, our QA team found a serious problem that we wish to correct before obtaining feedback on the technology. In light of this, we have temporarily removed the installer from our download servers. Once we have corrected the problem, we will post the updated installer to the download server. When the new installer is available, I will post a blog article on It's Alive in the Lab. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your continued interest in technology previews for AutoCAD Map 3D.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 15

The Project Parsec installer is now available for download. Thanks for your patience.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 15

So, I thought to myself, self, this Project Parsec would be cool to try. I downloaded the installer and tried to install it. I'm using Civil 3D 2012 and apparently it can't find it or doesn't recognize it as a Map 3D application.

Will this be available for Civil 3D or is it only going to be an add-on for plain Map 3D?

Message 5 of 15

I believe it is only for AutoCAD Map 3D SP1.

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/parsec/supported_apps/

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 15

Hi,

tried now with Map3D 2012 x64 Enterprise SP1 German.

First I installed it by starting project_parser_deu_x64.exe (tried also the default x64-exe)

Then I started Map3D, see the additional ribbon-part and tried to start "Convert to Industry Model" ==> my commandline says now (translated) _mapconverttomodel unknown command "MAPCONVERTTOMODEL"

So I searched for what happend to my machine and what's new and I think that file is new and found this DLL:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\Map_SubscriptionExtensions.dll

and as it's a DLL I tried to netload it (don't know if that is a managed-DLL, just worth to try it), the result in the commandline was:

netload Assembly kann nicht geladen werden. Fehlerdetails:
System.BadImageFormatException: Die Datei oder Assembly "file:///C:\Program
Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\Map_SubscriptionExtensions.dll" oder eine
Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Im Modul wurde ein Assemblymanifest
erwartet.
Dateiname: "file:///C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D
2012\Map_SubscriptionExtensions.dll"
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName
assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile,
Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm
hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   bei System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   bei Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.ExtensionLoader.Load(String fileName)
   bei loadmgd()

For me it's not working and I didn't find a way (within a few minutes) to get it running.

Just as additional feedback: on Lab's -site of >>>Parsec - getting started<<< it ends with "and follow the on-screen instructions" ==> LOL. there are no on-screen instructions, there is no readme, there is nothing, not even how to get it started.

Also the overview telling me with Parsec I can import Map-GIS-geometries ... wow, I always thought I can do that without Parsec (and did it also in the past). I think if the descriptions works more out for what differences are between Parsec's import and FDO-Import the more people may try it (and give feedback). All what there is listed (thematic mapping by attributive GIS-data) could be done with Map3D also.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

this doesn't work on map 3d 2012 enterprise

* Project Parsec does not work with AutoCAD® Map 3D Enterprise 2012 software.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 15
tyronebk
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I am getting the same problems, and then error, as Alfred but am not running enterprise. Map 3D 2012 SP1 installed from the Infrastructure Suite if that makes any difference.
Message 9 of 15
ebonacina
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Hello, yesterday I tried Project Parsec and all was ok. Today I have to uninstall AutocadMap3D because I had a disk problem where it was installed. The Autocad Map 3D install was OK but when I try to install Project Parsec I have this message:

Wath can I do, or which was my misstake?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Sorry for my bad English!

Enrico

Message 10 of 15
ebonacina
in reply to: ebonacina

Hello, yesterday I tried Project Parsec and all was ok. Today I have to uninstall AutocadMap3D because I had a disk problem where it was installed. The Autocad Map 3D install was OK but when I try to install Project Parsec I have this message:

AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 is already configured with Project Parsec

Wath can I do, or which was my misstake?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Sorry for my bad English!

Enrico

Message 11 of 15
lokitzj
in reply to: ebonacina

Hi Enrico,

Have you tried to uninstall Project Parsec from the Windows "Programs and Features" Console?  You should find it listed as Project Parsec on AutoCAD Map 3D 2012.  Once Project Parsec has been unistalled you should be able to reinstall it on your new Map 3D 2012 install.

-Justin

Message 12 of 15
Murph_Map
in reply to: lokitzj

@lokitzj wrote:

-Justin

Who is this Justin guy? I figured you moved on to bigger and better.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 13 of 15
scott.sheppard
in reply to: Murph_Map

How could anything be bigger than Project Parsec?

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 15
Murph_Map
in reply to: scott.sheppard

@Anonymous wrote:

How could anything be bigger than Project Parsec?

DWFit 🙂

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 15 of 15
scott.sheppard
in reply to: Murph_Map

I have retired the technology preview from Labs. Thanks to everyone who participated. The add-on will operate until December 31, 2012.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost