AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

ravivaish
Message 31 of 66 (751 Views)

Re: Project Basejump for AutoCAD Map 3D Now Available on Autodesk Labs

06-04-2012 08:09 AM in reply to: scott.sheppard

I think this is a great effort. I find it better than Google Earth integration since its very easy to add the map data without even having to open Google Earth and browsing in there. Accuracy has been an issue with both the Maps and Bing. I am also having trouble keeping the raster image behind everything else on the drawing. I tried sending back and front tools but the map defaults to front as soon as it refreshes. Has anyone else seen this? I think the following additions.modifications will increase the usability of this tool.

1. More accurate maps

2. Availability of other GIS data through layers (an inbuilt connection with USGS seamless server or similar!!)

3. Ability to clip data with boundaries

4. Ability to turn layers on and off from the ribbon tabs

Thanks,

Ravi Vaish

Valued Mentor
gluckett
Message 32 of 66 (746 Views)

06-04-2012 10:18 AM in reply to: ravivaish

I would like to see Basejump  in Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server too (for Basic Web Layout).  

Distinguished Contributor
cbaildon001
Message 33 of 66 (729 Views)

06-06-2012 09:10 PM in reply to: scott.sheppard

It is "unable to add data" when I select "Add to Map".

error.png

I have already set my coordinate zone. I am working through a proxy server, but it appears that I have worked past that.

Why won't the map show?

Cheers

Caleb

Caleb Baildon
Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Greymouth, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows7 64bit
Valued Mentor
hardin
Message 34 of 66 (720 Views)

06-07-2012 12:43 PM in reply to: scott.sheppard

It's worked great for me. I like it and would like to continue using it.

We are mainly using it to start drawings in the approximate proper geographic location.

I would like to be able to save it (or a portion of it) in a format that regular AutoCAD users could use.

Right now, I get the location needed, draw over some key points (road intersections, buildings, etc) then save the file or wblock the reference lines I drew.

The AutoCAD user then plops a Google image (or other image) into the drawing I made and aligns that image to my reference lines.

Valued Contributor
pmascaro
Message 35 of 66 (714 Views)

06-07-2012 01:25 PM in reply to: hardin

+1 I haven't released it to my department since it's going to end operation on June 30th and when it does.... Poof.... There goes the imagery w/ it. (I'm assuming we will lose connection to the server when this ends....) As hardin mentioned, it would be nice to have a way to select the area you want, clip and save the image with a world file so you do not have to rely on having the link to the host server.

Paul R. Mascaro
CAD Supervisor | Engineering Design
ENVIRON International Corporation
-----------
System: Dell 6800M, OS | MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1, CPU | Intel Core i7 Gen4 @ 3.00GHz Haswell 22nm, RAM | 32.00 GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Graphics | NVIDIA Quadro K5100M (8 Gig), HD | SSD Master, SS Hybrid Secondary
Contributor
yooper_75
Message 36 of 66 (698 Views)

06-08-2012 04:11 AM in reply to: scott.sheppard

This has saved us a ton of time and effort. Especially useful when orienting someone to our data quickly. Please keep this in Map - we definately need this tool!

M3D 2012 and 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
HP 8200 i7 - 16GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6350
Valued Contributor
pmascaro
Message 37 of 66 (691 Views)

06-08-2012 08:28 AM in reply to: ravivaish

Scott,

Any news on an extension? It Would be nice if we could at least keep this labs feature going until the alternative to the "Google Insert" (that was pulled out from under us w/ out warning) is fully implemented into IDSS & IDSP (Civil 3D / Map 3D).

I understand Autodesk is looking into options for us.... probably ones that are much better then Google.... but we still need something to hold over our daily workflow until a final discussion is made and implemented into the software...

An extension on this would be much appreciated!! :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Paul

Paul R. Mascaro
CAD Supervisor | Engineering Design
ENVIRON International Corporation
-----------
System: Dell 6800M, OS | MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1, CPU | Intel Core i7 Gen4 @ 3.00GHz Haswell 22nm, RAM | 32.00 GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Graphics | NVIDIA Quadro K5100M (8 Gig), HD | SSD Master, SS Hybrid Secondary
Board Manager
scott.sheppard
Message 38 of 66 (670 Views)

06-13-2012 05:37 AM in reply to: pmascaro

I have not heard about what comes next. I know our original agreement with Microsoft was for a limited trial, so it's not just up to us. We have to work with our partner on this one.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Contributor
ken.washburn
Message 39 of 66 (660 Views)

06-13-2012 01:02 PM in reply to: scott.sheppard

This works great!  I would second or third the motion to get this extended or better yet permanently implemented!  The only issue I've run into is not being able to attach the image to a DWG file that plain Autocad could read (i.e. a static snapshot).

Thanks,

Ken

Valued Mentor
gluckett
Message 40 of 66 (656 Views)

06-13-2012 02:52 PM in reply to: ravivaish

A more permanent solution would be to add BING as WMS Service.

You can if you subscribe to http://register.onterrasystems.com/wms.aspx

I am not sure how much but at least it is a permanent service...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community