AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Basejump for AutoCAD Map 3D Now Available on Autodesk Labs

65 REPLIES 65
Message 1 of 66
scott.sheppard
8036 Views, 65 Replies

Project Basejump for AutoCAD Map 3D Now Available on Autodesk Labs

Project Basejump is a free technology preview on Autodesk Labs:

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/basejump/

You can try inserting from Bing as a base layer in your AutoCAD Map 3D drawings. Please try it and reply to this thread.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
65 REPLIES 65
Message 21 of 66
gperego
in reply to: scott.sheppard

I think Basejump works very well.
In the next release, it should be useful to add Proxy informations, like in WMS and WFS connections...

Many thanks
Giovanni

PS: read my Blog article on Basejump Project
http://www.bimacademy.it/gis/2012/05/usa-le-mappe-di-bing-in-autocad-map-3d-e-civil-3d/

Message 22 of 66
aaron

OK. I got it to work in one drawing, but when I try to add it to another it's a no-go.

How can I get it to work in a specific county? I'm doing what it says but it really doesn't ask you much about location and specifics.

Message 23 of 66
rbunner

I really like this - the clairity of the image is very sharp.  My problems that I am having when plotted landscape I loose the image clarity but portrait it's fine - very strange.  I also will have more than one viewport of a different area but when plotted the views are exactly the same - another strange senario.  Has anyone else noticed this??

Message 24 of 66
TCARCAMO78
in reply to: daniel.appert

I have installed the application several times and it still does not show on my mapconnect options. Any ideas? I have windows 7 64 bit.

Tony

CAD Manager

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com
Message 25 of 66
gperego
in reply to: gperego

This may be a Proxy problem.

You can follow this solution:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=11794193&linkID=9240857

Regards

Giovanni from Italy

See my Blog on Autodesk Infrastructure solutions: www.bimacademy.it/gis

Message 26 of 66
TCARCAMO78
in reply to: gperego

Ok it finally showed up on my C3D 2013 after several tries. Works great.

Tony

CAD Manager

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com
Message 27 of 66
dmulamba

How do you generate contours, button is always grayed; see attached.
Message 28 of 66
antoniovinci
in reply to: dmulamba

dmulamba wrote:
How do you generate contours, button is always grayed; see attached.

You cannot, the Bing's one is a plain raster, not a Dem...

Message 29 of 66
Bob.Sisco

Considering that ESRI ArcGIS has had access to Bing Maps since it was called Virtual Earth, I think this is a great addition to Map3D and has been a much needed .  There is always going to be hiccups to work out but I hope that Autodesk can add this feature to the product permanently.  Cloud based services is becoming the trend in GIS and Autodesk should keep up with the times.

Great work by getting us this preview in the labs.  No compliants from me.  It works!  🙂

Message 30 of 66

First of all "This is a very nice feature." This works very easy and fast. Now the down site. The imagery is not very accurate. We had issues with Google Earth imagery accurecy and hoped the Bing imagery would solve this. But no.

shifted coordinates.jpg

As you can see the buildings are way out of line (magenta line). Infact there is a shift of 185 by -300 meters.

Do I do something wrong here? I'm using a drawing with the NetherlandsRDNew coordinate system, same for the shape.

Message 31 of 66
ravivaish

I think this is a great effort. I find it better than Google Earth integration since its very easy to add the map data without even having to open Google Earth and browsing in there. Accuracy has been an issue with both the Maps and Bing. I am also having trouble keeping the raster image behind everything else on the drawing. I tried sending back and front tools but the map defaults to front as soon as it refreshes. Has anyone else seen this? I think the following additions.modifications will increase the usability of this tool.

1. More accurate maps

2. Availability of other GIS data through layers (an inbuilt connection with USGS seamless server or similar!!)

3. Ability to clip data with boundaries

4. Ability to turn layers on and off from the ribbon tabs

Thanks,

Ravi Vaish

Message 32 of 66
gluckett
in reply to: ravivaish

I would like to see Basejump  in Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server too (for Basic Web Layout).  

Message 33 of 66

It is "unable to add data" when I select "Add to Map".

error.png

I have already set my coordinate zone. I am working through a proxy server, but it appears that I have worked past that.

Why won't the map show?

Cheers

Caleb

Caleb Baildon
Senior Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows10
Message 34 of 66
LyleHardin

It's worked great for me. I like it and would like to continue using it.

We are mainly using it to start drawings in the approximate proper geographic location.

I would like to be able to save it (or a portion of it) in a format that regular AutoCAD users could use.

Right now, I get the location needed, draw over some key points (road intersections, buildings, etc) then save the file or wblock the reference lines I drew.

The AutoCAD user then plops a Google image (or other image) into the drawing I made and aligns that image to my reference lines.

Message 35 of 66
pmascaro
in reply to: LyleHardin

+1 I haven't released it to my department since it's going to end operation on June 30th and when it does.... Poof.... There goes the imagery w/ it. (I'm assuming we will lose connection to the server when this ends....) As hardin mentioned, it would be nice to have a way to select the area you want, clip and save the image with a world file so you do not have to rely on having the link to the host server.

Message 36 of 66
yooper_75

This has saved us a ton of time and effort. Especially useful when orienting someone to our data quickly. Please keep this in Map - we definately need this tool!

M3D 2012 and 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
HP 8200 i7 - 16GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6350
Message 37 of 66
pmascaro

Scott,

Any news on an extension? It Would be nice if we could at least keep this labs feature going until the alternative to the "Google Insert" (that was pulled out from under us w/ out warning) is fully implemented into IDSS & IDSP (Civil 3D / Map 3D).

I understand Autodesk is looking into options for us.... probably ones that are much better then Google.... but we still need something to hold over our daily workflow until a final discussion is made and implemented into the software...

An extension on this would be much appreciated!! Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Paul

Message 38 of 66
scott.sheppard
in reply to: pmascaro

I have not heard about what comes next. I know our original agreement with Microsoft was for a limited trial, so it's not just up to us. We have to work with our partner on this one.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 39 of 66

This works great!  I would second or third the motion to get this extended or better yet permanently implemented!  The only issue I've run into is not being able to attach the image to a DWG file that plain Autocad could read (i.e. a static snapshot).

Thanks,

Ken

Message 40 of 66
gluckett

A more permanent solution would be to add BING as WMS Service.

You can if you subscribe to http://register.onterrasystems.com/wms.aspx

I am not sure how much but at least it is a permanent service...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost