AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting to Access database through ODBC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Axela90
2058 Views, 2 Replies

Problems connecting to Access database through ODBC

Hi there, here's my problem:

I'm using Windows 7 (64 bit) and I have to connect a file (.mdb) created with Microsoft Access 2007 to my Autocad Map 3D 2011 draw. I uninstalled Office, installed the AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe and re-installed Office. Then I followed step by step the process shown in the video here  with ODBC but it doesn't worked for me. It says "test connection succeeded" but when I attach the database, it comes up with a red "X" symbol next to it.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thepworth
in reply to: Axela90

you have 2 methods for establishing connections - as you tried through the video and also by means of using a Connection String at the Data Connect window.  Instead of configuring the ODBC data source via control panel, try setting up a connection string instead.  See 

http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2010/07/connecting-to-ms-access-databases-with.html

note the middle of page:

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};Dbq=C:\parcels.mdb

after "Dbq=" put your pathed file instead of the example.

Hope this helps.

TdH

Message 3 of 3
Axela90
in reply to: Axela90

I tried but it doesn't work yet and I really don't know why. I always get "test connection succeeded" but when I connect the database it still comes out with the red cross on it. Thank you, however!

P.s. If I connect it through Data Panel -> Connect -> "Add ODBC connection" it works, but if I want to connect it through "Data Sources" it gives me the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost