AutoCAD Map 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
jessebelcher-tvec
Message 11 of 13 (55 Views)

Re: Problems Editing Feature Data in AutoCAD Map 2008

08-21-2007 12:40 PM in reply to: PDXnative
I personally have gave up on using the data connect to edit any of my ESRI data. Either it acts like the above statement or it just crashes Map. Now with all that being said our data is very large. I have been told by Autodesk that the problems I am havening can be fixed with upgrading my pc to 4 gigs of ram. What I think is funny is that I still have map 6 (2002) and I can run some of the same functions that I do in 2008 and no crash no errors and oh yea I did not have to add anymore ram. It just works... Just my two cents, they must work on getting this product more stable and not just blame it on memory... JB
Contributor
PDXnative
Message 12 of 13 (55 Views)

09-26-2007 12:08 PM in reply to: PDXnative
AutoDESK sent me a message with instructions on how to fix this problem, and so far, the solution seems to work. BTW, I was even having this same problem with Oracle, until I did their fix.

The MAPCHECKIN command needs to be executed explicitly with the all or erase option.

You can update the Check-In Feature function in the CUI following these directions:

1. Type CUI on the command line

2. In the Command List pane click the Find Command or Text button

3. In the Find what text box enter:

Check-In Features
4. Click Find Next

5. Note the display of the Check-In Features command in the Properties pane

6. Click Close on the Find and Replace dialog box

7. In the Properties Pane change the Macro to

^C^C^P(ai_deselect)(command "_MapCheckin" "_All")
8. Click Apply
Distinguished Contributor
MarissaG
Message 13 of 13 (55 Views)

02-20-2008 07:51 AM in reply to: PDXnative
I am having the same problem with Shapefiles. However, when I try to delete a polygon using the Edit Feature commands, it will not even delete from my view at all. I have tried deleting it, then running the mapcheckin command with just "Erased" objects, and with "All" objects, but neither works. I keep getting an error that says "The edit set is unavailable for un-cached layers and layers in direct update mode". Any thoughts?
Marissa Jenkinson
CADD Microsystems, Inc.
Windows XP 64-bit
AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Map 3D, Raster Design 2011

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community