AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with feature labels w/ 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jon_s
309 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with feature labels w/ 2012

Hello-

I'm new to the mapping world of the Autodesk products, and I apologize if I'm missing something basic, but I'm pretty much stuck. I'm running Civil3d 2012 64bit , but since this is a feature mapping issue I figured it is more appropriate to post this in the Map3D section. 

I have connected my drawing to a PostgreSQL+PostGIS database to pull in a couple test features. The points come in fine, and I have created a join between the spatial table and another data table (both housed within the same database). When I view the data table, the join seems to be working correctly (i.e., I can see the linked columns). 

The problem comes with trying to display the data to my map. I'd like to add a numeric column to my map. I go into the style editor and add a new feature label. I use the "Text Content" pop-up menu to select the table column I'd like to use (in this case, an elevation). When I select it, the software autmoatically adds the expression "ToString("LEVEL|Elev")" where LEVEL is my table name, and Elev is the column. When I close the style editors, the map simply posts "Text" instead of displaying the value.

Am I missing something? Is there another way I should be posting numeric data to my map? I assume a feature label is the way to do this, but if there's a better method to post text to a feature I'm all for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jon_s

Hi,

>> the software autmoatically adds the expression "ToString("LEVEL|Elev")"

I haven't used PostXXX as database, I jsut connected a shape and tried to get the result like you mentioned, that the software converts a field you select automatically into a formula. I never saw that.

To make sure I tried to ToString-function and get at least a difference to your syntax, because the fieldname has NOT to be enclosed within quotes, so I would try to modify the formula to

ToString(LEVEL|Elev)

...no quotes anywhere within this formula.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost