AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polygon Topology, Object data from link elements

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ricardo.pinho
302 Views, 2 Replies

Polygon Topology, Object data from link elements

Hi,
This is an old problem that I never figured out how to solve it.

I have several polylines with Object Data associated.
If I use them as link elements to create a polygon topology, I am not able to transfer that object data to the area element (centroid) of the topology.

Does anybody knows a simple solution to this problem?

Thank you very much!
Ricardo Pinho
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
robertfritz
in reply to: ricardo.pinho

Ricardo,

do you have closed polylines? If so, "mapcreatecentroids" (or Map >> Tools >> Create Centroids") should do it,

Regards, Robert
Message 3 of 3
JohnPM
in reply to: ricardo.pinho

Ricardo, I tried creating two closed polylines and attaching attribute data through a database. Both closed polylines did not have centroids until I created centroids which passed the information to both of them. However, before I could create a topology, the drawing needed to be prepared through map cleanup. During the process, the centroids were lost and the closed polylines were broken into two areas with a shared line. Upon closer look, the shared line was actually two lines overlaid upon eachother. What I really wanted was one shared line which housed both polyline attributes. From their I created the topology but was never able to get a centroid that would indicate that the shared line held properties of both areas. It would make sense to me that a shared line should carry with it the properties/links of both areas before creating the centroid for the topology.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost