AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polygon Issue!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
552 Views, 7 Replies

Polygon Issue!!!

Hello there!!!

i am trying to print a zoning map drawing on civil 2010. In the model space, all the lines are polygons using the map feature. and i have made there thickness 1.0cm. but when i go to paper space, the thickness of the lines becomes very thin automatically. Looks like someone has done a setting like that, the file is really old!! so it comes clear enough to read.. But i want to change the thickness of the polygon lines little thicker, so when i print it it shows up nicely!!!

I am failing in evrything i am doing. i tried tweaking the plotstyle or .ctb file by changing the thickness of the penweight and the lineweights!!! But nothing seems to be working!!! 

can anyone please help me ASAP???

Thanks!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
parkr4st
in reply to: Anonymous

please explain  " all the lines are polygons using the map feature "

Message 3 of 8
antoniovinci

shinysingh wrote:

i have made there thickness 1.0cm

As far as I know, the maximum thickness allowed is 2.11 mm. (indeed NOT cm.) so set it e.g. to 2 mm. and try again, sir.

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

>> As far as I know, the maximum thickness allowed is 2.11 mm

Maybe the OP uses polyline-width? At least yes, that's nothing that can be set with CTB .... let's see.  animierte smilies denkende denken schlau grübeln

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Originally the drawing is done as .sdf file and its linked to the cad. and when i go to cad file and click on any line, it shows me as map feature under the properties.. and all the lines looks like a polygon to me!!!

in the modelspace, as i zoom in, the thickness of the polygons reduces automatically, but if i zoom out and see the whole map, the lines are too thick that i can't figure anything out!!!

but on the other hand, when i go to layout, and double click inside the viewport, the system has been done in a way that the polygon lines become thin... 

And the problem is when i want to print that layout.. the lines are soo thin that it doesnt stand out soo much in the map.. and that's what i am trying to do, to somehow to inc. the thickness of those lines so when i print out, they should show up little thick on my map... !!???

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

never mind guys!!!

i think i got the solution... i am good now

thanks for your help!!! 🙂

Message 7 of 8
parkr4st

and your solution is?

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I just went to the viewport, double click inside the viewport. Click on one of the map feature polygon line and in the task pane, under the style... changed the thickness of the polygon. and That made the polygons show up better on my map... that was it !!! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost