AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Overlapping Features

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pbowser
380 Views, 2 Replies

Plotting Overlapping Features

I'm plotting a drawing in which I have land parcels provided in the form of a connected ArcGIS shp file. The parcels are closed polygon features. I'd like to plot the parcels as phantom linetype. The problem is where neighboring parcels have common boundaries, Autocad Map does not filter out the overlapping boundary segments for the purpose of plotting. As a result, the linetype becomes a mixture of phantom and solid lines and everything in between.  I've tryed using plotstyles as well as styling the polygons. I don't think plot styles work with map features. The styling works when the lines do not overlap. Exploding the polygons and removing duplicate segments is not a realistic solution when working with data that is shared by true GIS programs like ArcGIS. I've seen some old postings that indicate this has been a problem for years. Does anyone know if there is a good solution out there.I'm just a part time cad operator. Sorry if I'm missing something. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olivier.eckmann
in reply to: pbowser

Hello,

only solution I've found is to add a continuous white line under the phantom line in the style.

Olivier

Message 3 of 3
pbowser
in reply to: olivier.eckmann

Thank you Olivier. I tried your fix. It's definitely a reasonable work around. I didn't know you could stack the styling like that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost