AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom data link.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
briancoward
352 Views, 1 Reply

Phantom data link.

This one has got me stumped.  I have infrastructure layers with SQL data table linked to individual segments and blocks.  These infrastructure layers are so large and lock up so often that I've started working on new sections outside of the main drawings.  When I'm finished with a new set I copy and paste the geometry, pre-linked to the sql data, into the main dwg file.  When I initially do this everything looks great.  Geometry is in the proper place.  The SQL data is linked perfectly.  I save the file and close out.  When I open the main file again all of the geometry I've just put in is linked to two records in the database.  I have been able to reproduce this...  so... you got me.  Crazy.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Brian

Here's a sample... I don't have the SQL database attached so you should just see the difference in the number of linked records between files. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
briancoward
in reply to: briancoward

Alright... I guess I'll answer my own question.  While trying to figure out a work around I found out that by attaching, with Map, the smaller data set to the main drawing and querying in the finished layers they would come in and not have any extra data linked to them.  This seems to have eliminated the problem and isn't really any more or less involved then copy and paste.... hope that helps if anyone else comes across this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost