AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom OD Attached?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Gary_Braun
562 Views, 12 Replies

Phantom OD Attached?

I'm having a problem with what seems to be phantom Object Data on some block objects. I've attached a sample of the data for anyone who's interested, but here's what's going on...
I have a number of catchbasin blocks that have attached OD with a single CB_ID field used to number them all. The properties of each block only show a single OD record attached and they are all populated with non-zero integers, but if I set up a map in my task pane and add a layer using "Query current drawing" then base the query on the OD where CB_ID = 0, it includes all of the catchbasins in the drawing. As I said, it appears that the Catchbasins OD table is somehow attached twice, although it only shows up once.

I've tried audit, recover, wblock out to various older versions and bring it back in, but I can't seem to rid myself of this mystery table. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
braudpat
in reply to: Gary_Braun

Hello from France

I have just loaded your DWG and I don't like something !

MAP 2011 : open your DWG in Recover Mode --> Fatal Error :  Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception

MAP 2012 : open your DWG in Recover Mode --> Fatal Error :  Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception

MAP 2013 : Open in Recover Mode = OK

MAP 2014 : Open in Recover Mode = OK

Which specific application have you above your MAP (If you have one) ?

You have XDATA (AutoCAD) and Object Data (MAP) on some entities ... interesting ...

I will investigate  a little bit more later ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
Gary_Braun
in reply to: braudpat

The drawing was saved in R2013 format, so that likely explains your two fatal errors.

"Which specific application have you above your MAP (If you have one) ?"

Nothing, I'm running plain jane Map 3D 2014 SP1.

Thanks for taking a look.

Message 4 of 13
braudpat

Hello from France

2nd Audit ... You have a problem with your 18 F204 blocks which have 2 OD records on each

You must delete the 2nd OD record with ADEEDITDATA

1) ADEEDITDATA - CLIC on a F204 block : Next (Record) / Delete Record / OK then next Block ...

2) MAPEXPORT (will use the 1st OD Record = the GOOD one) then MAPIMPORT with the F204 Block name

and you will get back your 18 F204 blocks with ONLY ONE OD record (the GOOD one)

Do you see that I mean ?

I don't check the OTHERS blocks but you could have the same problem !?

Waiting ...

Bye, Pat (OK after Dinner)

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
braudpat

Hello

3rd audit ...  The 4 F220 blocks have XDATA Infos and NO MAp Object Data >>>

Commande: XDLIST
Initialisation...
Choix de l'objet:
Enter application name <*>:
* Registered Application Name: DCO15
* Code 1071, 32-bit signed long integer: 10
* Code 1071, 32-bit signed long integer: 10
* Code 1000, ASCII string: tblSDnodeSpatialData
* Code 1004, Binary data not printed.
Object has 16339 bytes of Xdata space available.

<<<

There are theorically linked to a database through a SQL Link (or something else) ...

I am right ???

Bye, Pat

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
Gary_Braun

Well this looks like a step forward, I wasn't familiar with the ADEEDITDATA command, thanks Pat.

MAPEXPORT/MAPIMPORT will probably work well for most of the cleanup, but it has one fairly serious drawback in that the MAPIMPORT lacks the ability to rotate the blocks during insertion. So I can clean-up this bunged-up OD easily, but I mess up my drawing along the way.

Message 7 of 13
braudpat

Hello

4th Audit ...

The other Blocks (202, 203, 204) have nothing : NO XData (AutoCAD) , NO Object Data (MAP)

The Lines & PLines on the UD01 layer have XData (SQL Link or something else ?) AND Object Data

Waiting for your answers and tests

Bye, Pat

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
Gary_Braun

I'm not worried about any of the other data in the drawing Pat, just the F204 blocks. But you are essentially correct, the F220's have a UDL link to some MS Access data.
Thanks again.
Message 9 of 13
braudpat

Hello

>>> but it has one fairly serious drawback in that the MAPIMPORT lacks the ability to rotate the blocks during insertion <<<

Sorry but OF COURSE MAPIMPORT can create Blocks (since a long time ago) during a MAPIMPORT of XYZ Points !! 

MAPIMPORT / Choose your SHP Point XY file (coming from the MAPEXPORT)

then in the last column "Points" - CLICK and then choose your GOOD block = F204

You see ??

Bye, Pat

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
Gary_Braun

I think you misread my post Pat. I know it can insert blocks, but it cannot set the rotation.
Message 11 of 13
braudpat

Hello

SORRY you right : I don't read correctly your post !

So during the MAPEXPORT, you must add the .ROTATION AutoCAD property : you will get the Rotation in Radian inside the SHP (or TAB or MIF-MID)

Then MAPIMPORT and you will get the Blocks and all the fields in OD (with the famous Rotation in Radians)

I know that all blocks are NOW horizontal !

Next step :

From a blank DWG (beware of the Units) you will use the drawings Group feature of MAP

and then you will define a Query that will draw the F204 block with a New rotation coming the Object Data field ROTATION !

Do you see that I mean ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
Gary_Braun

I do see what you mean. It's an extra step or two but should get me what I need.
I'll let you know if I have further problems.
Thanks for your time Pat.
Message 13 of 13
braudpat

Hello (Sorry for my bad US/English)

Sorry I have forgotten something ... The RADIANS "problem" !

In the blank DWG, please : UNITS are correct --- BUT you must set temporary the angle system as RADIANS !!

So when you will do the Query (in Draw mode) and says draw with a new rotation

coming from the MAP Object Data field ROTATION (which is in Radians) : NO PROBLEM !

After the Query in Draw Mode, you will set back the angle system to decimal or grads ...

I hope this will satisfy your needs !?

I am often doing this for the lack of ROTATION when doing MAPIMPORT ... If I have the ROTATION Info !?

Bye, Pat (Maybe a Kudos will be appreciated)

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost