AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping Symbology

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Nero1960
480 Views, 5 Replies

Overlapping Symbology

Hello all,

I'm wondering if there's a way in AutoCAD Map 3d 2010 to bring in a points shapefile and display it along a pipeline but not have the symbols overlap...I see where it automatically has conflct detetction for the labeled features I bring in, but somehow want to have control over how the symbols are display on the alignment sheet. Is there a way to stairstep or offset two symbols that overlap or land on top of each other. I have several datasets like metal loss and growth rate I need to show but can't get the data not to overlap...I could do a larger scale but would just end up with tons of sheets.

any help is appreciated..Thanks in advance!!!!

Regards,

Russell

GO Texans!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
thepworth
in reply to: Nero1960

you'll have better luck if you don't use the automatic labeling and convert the text to attributed points.  then you can use dynamic annotation for the object data (labels) associated with the points and move them around to your heart's content.  

Note that the autolabeling has a default limit of 2000 labels - there are recent postings on this issue.

Best of Luck

Message 3 of 6
Nero1960
in reply to: thepworth

Thanks for the reply but maybe I didn't explain myself very well...The labels are great, that's note the issure, it's the actual symbols of the points data from the shapefile that is overlapping...or on top of each other...again the labels or text is alright with me...

GO Texans!!!
Message 4 of 6
tjmapper
in reply to: Nero1960

You could create a block for the symbol that it origin is off to one side, but as a result all points for that style would be off by the same amount.

The idea would be to offset each so that all would show up if they over lapped. You could just do a Left and Right offset if there are 2 data sets or up, down, left, right, if there were 4. 

Not sure if it will work, im gonna try it now.

Message 5 of 6
tjmapper
in reply to: tjmapper

test.png

Worked like a champ.

I just added the same layer twice and styled with my 2 new blocks.

Message 6 of 6
Nero1960
in reply to: tjmapper

thanks TJMapper...I'll give it a shot...Smiley Happy

I've used AutoCAD for years...since 93', I've worked for this co. for 8 yrs and they just merged to AutoCAD from Microstation this yr., big changes and catching up to do. I love autocad much more than ustation and Map 3D is great. can easily connect to shapefiles or the SDE server, even found a plugin from ESRI and google earth..so much data, so little time...cheers!!!

GO Texans!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost