AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Data tables (2005)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kb
227 Views, 7 Replies

Object Data tables (2005)

Hi,

I have a drawing that contains object data tables. These tables are unique in the drawing. If I open up a clean new drawing, and I attach the tagged drawing with the object data tables, I get an error saying that there is a conflict between tables in the drawings. This error is normally for drawings that you have the same object data tables in both the attached drawing and the one that is open, as far as I know.

Why am I getting that error when I am simply attaching the tagged drawing into a blank drawing?

thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jim.dahl
in reply to: kb

Only thing I can think of is if your template contains anything. I forgot that my template contains fields until I checked on the properties. I assume you have checked for any tables in new DWG.

jim
Message 3 of 8
kb

Thanks for the reply.

Ya, I checked the drawing and there is nothing in the template. It's a new session, (acad.dwt) with nothing in it. The drawing I'm attaching has only two object data tables in it as well, both with very unique naming convensions.

I've even tried it on another machine with the same results.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Do the data tables have identical field names? (Try renaming the fields) Also, can you seperate the drawing into 2 drawings (wblock) and see if the problem persists with the seperated data? I suspect it has something to do with the 2 data tables in your source dwg. "kb" wrote in message news:21056850.1110230688078.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the reply. > > Ya, I checked the drawing and there is nothing in the template. It's a > new session, (acad.dwt) with nothing in it. The drawing I'm attaching has > only two object data tables in it as well, both with very unique naming > convensions. > > I've even tried it on another machine with the same results.
Message 5 of 8
kb

Is this a bug??? I've never had this problem in the past with the same drawing. Don't tell me I need to revert back to 2004.

The two tables are named completed different, but the field name in each table is the same, since the ID's are just unique numbers.

I need to know how to fix this.
Message 6 of 8
kb

Alright, now I'm really confused. I just opened a blank drawing and attached the same drawing in 2004 that wasn't yet updated. It attaches fine with no errors. However, using 2004 and attaching the updated 2005 drawing I get the error of conflicting tables.

So, with that said, what is causing the problem? I open up the 2005 drawing, and there are two object data tables with unique names. There is no object data tables in the blank session I'm opening. I've ran an audit, a recover, and purged the drawing without success.

I'm quickly running out of ideas.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Sounds like to me that there are OD tables in the template that you are using to start with. Open a NEW dwg and type (ade_odtablelist) at the command line, if there are no tables it should return NIL. Murph "kb" wrote in message news:1443982.1110314957941.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Alright, now I'm really confused. I just opened a blank drawing and attached the same drawing in 2004 that wasn't yet updated. It attaches fine with no errors. However, using 2004 and attaching the updated 2005 drawing I get the error of conflicting tables. > > So, with that said, what is causing the problem? I open up the 2005 drawing, and there are two object data tables with unique names. There is no object data tables in the blank session I'm opening. I've ran an audit, a recover, and purged the drawing without success. > > I'm quickly running out of ideas.
Message 8 of 8
kb

I ran the command you posted, and the template that I'm using comes back as nil.

I also opened up the drawing I'm using to query into the blank one, and used the same command. It returned only two object data tables, both with unique names.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost