AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note: Coordinate System Missing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
grimline
679 Views, 3 Replies

Note: Coordinate System Missing

Hi, I received a cad drawing that has a coordinate data attached to it but when I opened it, a message popped up saying the coordinate is missing (see attachment.).

What can I do to recreate or customize the Map3D global coordinate system to match the name. I will prefer to use the missing coordinate in all my drawings.

along with the drawings that I recieved are dbx,shp, prj, sbn, sbx, shx, xml files.

Thanks in advance.

Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2016
Windows 7 Professional
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

first thing I would check is if you have permission to write to the directory where your software is installed.  If you open a drawing with a coordinate system that's defined in the drawing, but not in your library, there is an options setting to "auto register" new coordinate systems into your library.  The form of the message appears to indicate that your login account on your workstation has limited permission. which may be the root of the issue.  So, even if you defined the coordinate system to match, chances are that limited write access would prevent you from adding that CS into the library.

Check with IT and then we'll take it from there.

Message 3 of 4

I am a stand-alone MAP3D user. No admin settings. Could you explain how I can access the Library. I do not recall setting any other user, just the default with no password.

Thanks.

Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2016
Windows 7 Professional
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Message 4 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: grimline

Take a look at this video, especially the first part on the permission settings.

http://www.quuxsoft.com/videos/DefineCustomGrid.aspx

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost