AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No layer properties dialog box

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
EBHShawRedMt
2874 Views, 7 Replies

No layer properties dialog box

Hitting the layer properties button puts it in "cursor" type mode.  No dialog box appears.  Think a computer crash reset a bunch of settings.  Any way to get dialog boxes back?  Can't find it in "options"...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Murph_Map
in reply to: EBHShawRedMt

With out know what version and system specs start with the starndard fixes.

Filedia = 1

Cmddia =1

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 8
EBHShawRedMt
in reply to: Murph_Map

Sorry - PC, Windows 7.  Map 3d 2012.  Already tried those settings - they were set to 1.  Still doesn't work.

Message 4 of 8
Murph_Map

LAYERDLGMODE

Is it all palettes that fail to display or just the layer property manager palette?

If it's all the palettes (properties, Xref, SSM etc) then it might be a dot net framework issue.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 8
EBHShawRedMt

It's the dialog box itself.  No dialog box.  The individual commands pop up next to the cursor in a list, just as if you had typed pedit in the command line.  There is no dialog box.  THink I need to reinstall Autocad...

Message 6 of 8

Try this:

1. Press Alt and the Spacebar at the same time, and then let go

2. Press the letter M

3. Press the UP arrow

4. Move your Mouse around and you should see the dialog. Click for the dialog to stay.

Hope this helps.

Original post by Matt Kolberg in 2009

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 8
EBHShawRedMt

Had already tried that one - good news is somehow the installation had been munched.  Reinstall solved everything.

Thanks for all the help.

Message 8 of 8
jbuffie

I had the same problem and tried the same solutions (except reinstall) with no luck.

What worked for me was changing my saved workspace to one that had the dialog box open.

So far so good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost