AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Network License Server

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ACAD_FWIPLEAG
452 Views, 5 Replies

New Network License Server

We have an AutoCAD Map 3D - 1 License,  

There is a need to migrate this license from the existing server(Windows 2003) to another server(Windows 2008).

Can you please outline the process.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi ACAD_FWIPLEAG !

If the server name and mac address are changing, you will need to use a new license file that I can generate for you.

If this is the case, you can send me your serial number and server details by private message (click the envelope next to your name)

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 3 of 6

I have a similar situation to the original poster except I have the license file on the new server.  What I need to know is how do I change existing installs to see a new license server, or an additional license server.  I have tried adding the environment variable but that makes no differnce.  I have tried editing the LICPATH.LIC file and that had no effect either.  I have several installs of CAD, MAP, Plant, P&ID and don't want to have to remove and reinstall them if possible.

Thanks for any insight.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: court_schilt

The ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE will work if you do it right.  Make sure it is a system variable and not a user variable.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

Also, stop the other license manager.  If the client cannot find the NLM, it will prompt for the location.  You don't need to reinstall.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the encouragement.  As I worked through this I found that the Environment Variable creates a registry key under HKey local user.  The reason the EV wasn't working when I would change it is that the reg key was there already.  When I deleted the registry key and ran Map3D again it read the EV and created the key.  From there I was able to create a registry hack file to put in the license servers I wanted.  The install still looks for the old server first, regarless of order in the EV or the reg, but it works when I take either server off line it goes to the other. This is the .reg file I used to insert the values.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager]
"ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE"="@NewServer;@OldServer"

I'll test more on new installs as well, but this is what I found to work.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: court_schilt

Make sure your PING to the new server by hostname yields an IPv4 address and not an IPv6 address.  This could be your culprit.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost