AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Geodetic Survey (NGS) 2011 Adjustment GET ON IT AUTODESK GUYS

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lcely
383 Views, 1 Reply

National Geodetic Survey (NGS) 2011 Adjustment GET ON IT AUTODESK GUYS

The NGS released an adjustment in 2011.  So far AutoCAD MAP nor Civil3D have the new coordinate systems.  Adding them one by one to the software is just plain not right.  I can add the new coordinate systems, however when I bring in data in different systems, they cannot get projected.  Because MAP cannot figure out the transformation.  Apparently, when a user-defined system is created, CAD defaults to create a transformation to WGS to 0,0,0,0.  Which is just not right.

Please go ahead and add the new 2011 NGS systems for the US.

Do you want to beat the competition (ESRI)? Here is the link for how you can do it:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/67591-State-Plane-NAD83-(2011)-coordinate-system

Thanks!

BTW: If anyone has figured out how to open-up the AutoCAD MAP Coordinate System Database, please let me know.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
phil_borycens
in reply to: lcely

Alfredo,

We notice your request and want to let you know that we have plans for updating the CS Library with the NGS National Adjustments. This is one of the many coordiate system enhancements that has been requested, and I know that it is a popular one. I've linked your request to our internal enhancement ticket (# 1454617) so that it receives further attention. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for when these changes might come.

MetaCRS is a related project, and there are a couple of ADSK employees on the committee. Although I am unaware of the total scope of this project, MetaCRS does call for many CS enhancements, some of which might make it faster for you or us to add new coordinate systems as they come out...

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MetaCRS

You can join the mailing list there if you wish to remain informed.

From a support standpoint, I don't have much else to say at this time.

Other users, feel free to chime in.

Phil Borycens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost