AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model - Layout

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
grimline
570 Views, 8 Replies

Model - Layout

In Map 3D 2015, Is there a way to bring back the Model and Layout Tabs to where they were in previous versions without going "classic"? 

I do not see the sense of relocating it away from where it was originally. Just means more cursor movement.

Thanks

Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2016
Windows 7 Professional
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
grimline
in reply to: grimline

I found out that by right clicking on the layout tab you can select "Dock above status bar" or "Dock in-line with status bar". There are no signifant  differences between the two that I felt I've been had.

Please help me.

Windows 7 Professional
8.00 GB RAM
Message 3 of 9
diane.cloutier

Hi grimline,

Would you mind posting screenshots of what you are experiencing and what you are trying to acheive?  That will help me better understand what you are looking for.

Thanks!

Diane Cloutier
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

maybe I can answer the question ... look to that screenshot with Map3D 2014

Look especially to the mouse-way to change between the layouts:

2014-04-10 21-25-28.png

and compare that now with 2015:

2014-04-10 21-28-32.png

I also can't see any advantage from the new positioning of the model-/layouts-tab.

Besides of that, in the previous position of the tab's it's really clear where to click to change a layout in a specific drawing (because it's in the same border with the drawing) ... now you first have to make sure that you are already in the correct drawing and then you can switch between layouts, and every time you have 2 or more drawings opened parallel it's not as clear as it look like.

But even with one opened drawing, mostly the property window and/or the mapwspace, maybe xref-manager, design-feed, ... are docked on the left side. In that case the tabs for model and layouts are really separated from the drawing, not part of it what was previously more intuitive.

@grimline:

I hope I pointed out correctly what you meant, please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 9

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for the screenshots.  I see what your are talking about and I agree that the previous set-up was easier to work with.  Unfortunately there is no way to change the position of these tabs.  If you would like to see changes to this new set-up in future relsease, I encourage you to submit your feedback to the product manager via the following link: Product Feedback

This will help the PM and developers hear your voice on any changes/concerns with functionality directly for consideration in future builds. Be sure to choose AutoCAD Map 3D from the drop down list and 2015 for the release.  

@grimline , please let me know if you are referring to something different and I will be happy to take a look at that as well.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

>> I encourage you to submit your feedback to the product manager

done 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 9
grimline
in reply to: diane.cloutier

The position of the Model/Layout tab is what I am referring to. To me they
are like a book page marker. You don't put all the page markers in front at
the main cover but at the specific pages you'll need to refer to for quick
reference. It should be that way with the tabs in Cad.

The new position is very inconvenient, taking away the eye from the working
view is also very distracting.

Thank you Alfred for the images. They dipected excactly what my orginal post is referring to.

Windows 7 Professional
8.00 GB RAM
Message 8 of 9
diane.cloutier

Hi grimline,

Thank you for letting me know that you are referring to the same thing that Alfred depicted in his post.  I also encourage you to submit your feedback to the product manager via the link in my previous post.  

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 9 of 9
grimline
in reply to: diane.cloutier

Hi,

>>I also encourage you to submit your feedback to the product manager...

doneSmiley Wink

_grimline_

Windows 7 Professional
8.00 GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost