AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapimportFDO Oracle 2013: line and polyline for a LINESTRING geometry

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
luc.vanlinden
273 Views, 0 Replies

MapimportFDO Oracle 2013: line and polyline for a LINESTRING geometry

HI

I reported already on all the issue with mapimport and mapexport. Now I am getting into a newer issue which makes it almost hilarious.

As the mapimport is actually missing real mapping capabilities (source to target), I decided to just do a plain Oracle to CAD + Object data import. Where necessary I had a block instead of a point. This way I can focus on getting a post import process (series of LISP routines) to properly set stuff. Rotate the block for example based on the imported rotation object data value. Same btw for the attribute values (unless teh names are equal with the Oracle column name).

I also turn specific polylines on specific layers into multiline using LISP.

I first thought something was wrong with the lisp function as some polylines were not turned into multiline. 

After chopping up the LISP process it became clear what happened:

Turns out that all LINESTRING (or 2002 geometries) where imported as polylines, however....

Ta ta:  Only when they have 2 vertices ( a start and an end-vertex) they are not imported as polyline but as....

YES an ordinary LINE entity.

Who actually makes these design decisions? Why is there not an attempt towards consistency? These 2 vertex geometries should also be imported as polyline, at least to my humble opinion.

Obviously there is technically maybe nothing wrong but in practical usage, common?

I could not see any immediate way of having this sorted on the import itself, so will have to add yet another anticipation on using the mapimport/export stuff.

Thanks again.

Luc

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost