AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapimport

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
donna.logan
617 Views, 4 Replies

Mapimport

I'm looking for a way to include brackets around my elevation labels in MAP 3d 2012.

I'm using the mapimport command and bringing in PENZD data from a CSV file.

MAP doesn't seem to like the brackets being there and won't accept my file.

An example of a point that I'm bringing in is:

point  easting        northing        z value    description

1        444375.60  4937625.21  (87.25)   MW12-11B

Any ideas would be appreciated! There are quite a few of them, and I don't want to manually add the brackets for each label. :}

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: donna.logan

Hello from France

If you remove the brackets, is it ok ?

Then you have FDO Labels or standard ACAD MTexts or Texts in your DWG ? 

because if it is only ACAD MTexts or Texts, a Lisp/VLisp routine can add the brackets after ...

And if it is FDO Labels the concat function (FDO Expression Generator) can add too the brackets ...

The Health, Happy New Year, Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: braudpat

Hi,

>> If you remove the brackets, is it ok ?

And if you need the brackets, why do you need them stored in that way in Map3D as Z-value?

I would too remove the brackets from the ascii-file before referencing or importing that file.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your replies. - unfortunately I do not know how to create lsp routines.

Yes, MapImport works fine without the brackets.

...I was hoping it would be a quick way to place brackets around my z value - for display purposes only.

I have no need for them to be *stored* with brackets, the boss wants the printout to have brackets.

I've attached a screenshot of what the print should look like.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

open the ASCII-file and replace the brackets to spaces (or to nothing).

Use then _MAPCONNECT to connect to the data, you should then be able to have the XYZ coodinates available.

In the style manager you can then add a label to be presented at each XY coordinate and show the Z-value in brackets using formulas to connect bracket + height value + bracket to one string.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost