AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map3d 2015 - Stalling

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
nkg2
723 Views, 9 Replies

Map3d 2015 - Stalling

I recently installed IDS-Premium 2015 and fired up Map3d.  Using my project file that worked fine in 2014 has suddenly stop working all of a sudden.  I can get into the project but once I click to active a particular area my cursor goes away and I am unable to select anything, close out of the program, etc.  I don't even get the wheel of thinking.  Eventually I have to go to the taskbar and start taskmanager and have to kill the program.  I have ran audit (0 problems) and purge but it has still not worked.  I thought maybe my aerials were the problem but turned them off and still had a problem.  I have not tried on another computer yet but would like to know if others are having the same issue.  Thanks in advance. 

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: nkg2

Hi,

have you restarted your workstation?

Did you migrate any settings from previous releases?

Does the same issue exist if you login to your system with another user account?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
nkg2
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

>>have you restarted your workstation?<<

Hi Alfred!, same issue.  If I remember right the new update manager had an update for it already and I installed it and restarted, no changes

>>Did you migrate any settings from previous releases?<<

No, I don't do any customizations, just bring one project up that I like and then use the characteristics for another.  In fact before I installed 2015, I used Autodesk's uninstall tool to remove 2014.

>>Does the same issue exist if you login to your system with another user account?<<

Did not think of dropping into administrator as I am the only user on that computer.  It is worth a shot. 

- alfred -

Alfred -

Thanks for the help on troubleshooting.  I will post back when I find out what I have found. 

Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Message 4 of 10
nkg2

>>Does the same issue exist if you login to your system with another user account?<<

**Did not think of dropping into administrator as I am the only user on that computer.  It is worth a shot.**

I did try the file on another computer of somewhat lower specs and filled with tons of goodies but it did not cause any issues and actually pulled up faster on the older computer.  I thought maybe it was a video driver situation as after I installed IDS and opened Map3d it said that I needed to get the driver optimized for the program (which was a driver version prior to the latest).  Regardless, it did not change anything.  I have restarted several times.  I even dropped out the xref'ed rasters but I only performance change was that I did not stall but trying to pan and zoom in an out was very painful to watch.  This is even with no other programs running like Outlook or soemthing similar.  I still have 8GB of ram it still acted this way.  I am sure it is a computer problem but just not sure where. 

- alfred -

Alfred -

Thanks for the help on troubleshooting.  I will post back when I find out what I have found. 

Message 5 of 10
antoniovinci

I'd bet it's not an hardware issue, sir.

Try rebooting in SAFE MODE WITHOUT NETWORK SUPPORT (press F8 upon bootstrapping), log in as admin, and check what happens in Autocad.

Message 6 of 10
nkg2
in reply to: antoniovinci

@antoniovinci wrote:

I'd bet it's not an hardware issue, sir.

Try rebooting in SAFE MODE WITHOUT NETWORK SUPPORT (press F8 upon bootstrapping), log in as admin, and check what happens in Autocad.

No I don't think its hardware either.  It is either two things, bad install (which I had to download using the virtual agent and not throught subscription because 2015 wasn't rolled out to my account yet at the time) or malware but I have ran cc cleaner, malwarebytes, superantispyware, and AVG and found nothing (cc cleaner found 225 registry errors but that didn't fix it either).  My IT guys hopefully will check out TDSKiller or Combofix and see if there are any issues.  Very frustrating.  I will post when it gets done.  Thanks! 

Message 7 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> have ran cc cleaner, malwarebytes, superantispyware, and AVG and found nothing (cc cleaner found 225 registry errors but that didn't fix it either)

That might be the problem, if you let software "free" all it finds, then it's more cleaned than needed. At least there are keys (and maybe files) cleaned that AutoCAD (and Map3D) needs to exist.

My guess with the above information: You need a repair install or a (clean) uninstall and new installation.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 10
nkg2
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

>>My guess with the above information: You need a repair install or a (clean) uninstall and new installation.<<

Yes you are probably right. I did a complete uninstall, CC Cleaner, redownload and now in the process of reloading.  They did find some interesting issues in the virus vault which is somehow a Trojan was caught but it was attached to a legitimate installer package from a reputible software company (similar to Autodesk).  It was very odd.  They ran Stinger and TDSKiller and found nothing though but after all their work it was all for not.  If this install does not work then I am going to strip out to bare metal and start all over again from OS on up.  Not looking forward to that.  

- alfred -

Message 9 of 10
nkg2

Sorry I have been out of pocket last few days.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled my suite and reinstalled.  Same effects so I started playing around.  I don't know why or how I thought of it but one of the shape files that I am using I had associated a hatching pattern instead of a solid color.  After application of a solid color and adjusted the transparency, I noted that it seemed to move much faster.  (It was a shape file of political commission districts that cover 709 square miles in two distinct shapes).  I am going to try it out on another machine and see what happens.

Message 10 of 10
nkg2

I performed this task on another machine with the same file and had no problems with it stalling. I am considering this closed for now unless for whatever reason I report additional findings. Startup of the program is faster with the reinstall but still stalls, but not as bad as before but still slower than what I would expect. Thank you all for your help. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost