AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map3D 2014/2015 GPU issues?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
musiccycle1985
637 Views, 4 Replies

Map3D 2014/2015 GPU issues?

I have a Dell Precision laptop with AMD FirePro M5100 graphics and am trying to figure out how to get AutoCAD 2014 applications to recognize the discrete GPU instead of the integrated HD Graphics 4600. AutoCAD 2014 and AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 both default to Intel HD Graphics, with no mention of the M5100. Also, 2015 Map3D and Civil3D show nasty screen cursor error with hardware acceleration enabled, but they seem to be using the AMD GPU. Note that these are free university student licenses. In AMD's Switchable Graphics, Acad is set to "high performance," which should mean AMD GPU and not integrated graphics. Any suggestions? Map3D 2014: http://imgur.com/i0gKnVw,YecjDN6 Civil3D 2015: http://imgur.com/gw1JIg1,4mQLBgy#0
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: musiccycle1985

have you tried going into the windows device manager and disabling the intel card

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Hi,

with my nVidia driver I can select, which application has to run on which gc, does AMD have something similar?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 5

Disabling the integrated graphics really messes things up, as the desktop display uses it. Screen resolution looks like no better than Windows 95 with it disabled.Switchable Graphics seems to be AMD's equivalent to Optimus, allowing the user to switch between intel graphics (power saving) and the dedicated GPU (high performance), but Acad and Map3D defaults to the high performance setting in Switchable Graphics. Still, it is running on integrated graphics.
Message 5 of 5

To let you all know, the solution had to do with misbehaving Switchable Graphics. I had read that people had a similar issue with Optimus with the K2100M on the Dell M4800. The machine uses only the Intel graphics when Switchable Graphics is turned on and only the AMD card when it is disabled. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost