AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Legend Changes Every Time We Switch to Model Space

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Bill.Schmid
542 Views, 6 Replies

Map Legend Changes Every Time We Switch to Model Space

I have a user who created a legend in her map.  Every time she switches to model space and comes back, the legend is reset.  This is in spite of locking the content and format.  It's very frustrating for her and a waste of her time.  Does anyone know how to keep this from happening?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
phil_borycens
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Hi Bill,

Which release of AutoCAD Map 3D is this user running? This issue should be fixed, starting with the 2013 release of Map 3D. Let me know...

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 7
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: phil_borycens

Phil,

She’s running 2013.  Help, About… shows G.114.0.0.HF1.  We tried installing Service Pack 1 last week and it said it was incompatible with her version of Map, even though she’s running 64-bit and we were trying to install the 64-bit service pack.

Bill

Message 4 of 7
phil_borycens

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I am using the same version, but am unable to reproduce the issue. The screenshot shows my _vernum and the button that I am using to create the Legend.

Thanks,

PhilLegend_is_not_getting_reset_M3D_2013.PNG

Phil Borycens
Message 5 of 7
Bill.Schmid

Phil,

She creates the legend the exact same way.  But, after creating it, she modifies some of the descriptions and removes some of the rows.  It's these modifications that keep getting undone when she enters model space.  Does anything like that happen for you?

Message 6 of 7
phil_borycens

I gave this another run. It seems that the Legend gets reset only when I save, close, and reopen the drawing. This occurs even in the 2014 release. Therefore I will re-open the change request that was closed regarding this issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience that the issue causes.

Phil Borycens
Message 7 of 7
Bill.Schmid

Well, at least it's re-opened.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost