AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Data Export not working

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Jfactory
1049 Views, 6 Replies

Map Data Export not working

Hi I'm trying to export data in a dwg to an SDF. I'm following the methods in the lesson documents from here Exercise 1: Export a map to SDF

My problem is I get no dialogue when I click export "As SDF" _MAPDWGTOSDF or when I click "Map 3D Export" _MAPEXPORT.  A save dialogue box opens up I type in a file-name or select a file to append to or overwrite, click OK and then nothing. In file explorer there is no file created, in AutoCAD there is no mention of an error or anything.

I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my drawing.  It has a lot of layers, I've ran the clean-up scripts, I've purged.  Anyway, I thought maybe someone would have a suggestion.  Thanks!

EDIT: After seeing another very recent thread I've decided to add some info.

I am using AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 Service Pack 2.1

"Does _MAPEXPORT fail only when you use a specific format like SHP or SDF or does that happen with all formats? "

It fails on SHP and SDF exports.

Does _MAPEXPORT fail only with that specific drawing or also with any other drawing where you created some sample entities?

It fails on basic drawings. I didn't know this until I edited this comment to include these questions so that is intriguing.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: Jfactory

Hello

Q1) Which version 32 or 64 bits ?

Q2) Could you send us in ZIP format your "providers.xml" into the "...\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2013\bin\FDO

Q3) We are speaking about the MAPEXPORT command with the SDF v3 file format option ?

or about the OLD command MAP2SDF to generate OLD SDF v2 files for the old MapGuide v6.x ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Jfactory
in reply to: braudpat

Q1) Which version 32 or 64 bits ?

64 Bit.

Q2) Could you send us in ZIP format your "providers.xml" into the "...\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2013\bin\FDO

Attaching providers.xml zipped.

Q3) We are speaking about the MAPEXPORT command with the SDF v3 file format option ?

or about the OLD command MAP2SDF to generate OLD SDF v2 files for the old MapGuide v6.x ?

Speaking about MAPEXPORT with SDF v3 option.  The old command works but I don't find SDF v2 files beneficial.

Thank you for your help!

Message 4 of 7
braudpat

Hello

Thks , your "providers.xml" FDO file seems OK !

So an other idea could send us your "mapshp.ini" AND "mapexport.ini"  files which are here :

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2013\R19.0

Bye, Pat

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
braudpat

Hello

An other very important thing !

OPTIONS / 1st Tab "Files" / 1st Line "Support Pathes"

I hope you have this path (which is very important for MAP) ?

...\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2013\bin\FDO

Bye, Pat

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
JBALDASARO
in reply to: braudpat

What is the solution?  I am having the same exact problem when trying to export a isolated layer as a .shp file.  We recently upgraded to 2014 Suite

Usually there is a dialoge box to define the export fields and coordinate system.

I attached a layer that I have been trying to export to a shapefile.

Message 7 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: JBALDASARO

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

No problem with my MAP 2013 32 bits French (+ SP 2.1) to MAPEXPORT and then MAPIMPORT your DWG with its 38 closed Plines (Same Area !) ?!

I am almost sure that it will be the same with MAP 2014 ...

Q1) Have you the correct "providers.xml" ??

2013 : http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...

2014 : http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...

Q2) Have you the correct FDO path in your support pathes ??

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2013\bin\FDO

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2014\bin\FDO

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost