AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Crashes with DWG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mekohler
836 Views, 11 Replies

Map Crashes with DWG

Hi, I'm using Map 2013, I have Windows 7 and I am using th 64 bit version of Map.  I have a dwg with 3 mpolygons, so the drwaing size is very small.  But whenever I try to open this drawing I get the Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0030 Exception at  d446952ch.  I have attached the drawing if anybody wants to take a look.

Thank you,

Michael Kohelr

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mekohler

Hi,

I have not had any problem opening your dwg. I did a _AUDIT ==> no errors.

I saved it with a new name and attached it here, can you open now what I saved?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12
mekohler
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

No, I get the same error.  I've been reading that mpolygons are causing crashes on 64 bit machines.  I'm going to install 2010 32 bit and see if it still works.  All I'm doing is getting rid of donuts in a drawing containing closed polygons.  Instead of creating a topology and subtracting the polygons, I have a seperate drawing with the closed polygons.  I then delete and copy and paste the correct polygons from this drawing.  I have to do this once a month.

But thanks for the effort.

Michael Kohler

Message 4 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I've been reading that mpolygons are causing crashes on 64 bit machines

I read and wrote your file with Map3D2013/64bit German on Win7/64bit Enterprise (SP1+updates up to now installed).

I have admin-rights, maybe that can be a help for you.

You may also try to create a new user-account with admin-rights on your worstation and try Map3D then again.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 12
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I'm using Win 7-64 and Civil 3D 64bit, I can open your drawing fine.  Perhaps repairing your install?  Or as Alfred suggested, running as Administrator.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 6 of 12
mekohler
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

There's something about mpolygons that crashes map for me.  I've done a reinstall and have followed the advice in a few other threads, i.e. I've turned off the properties dialogue box.  It's not just the dwg file I've attached.  I've created a simple polgon topolgogy, with 3 polygons, and I as soon as I convert topology to mpolgyons Map crashes.

I have to convert a shapefile to a sdf 2 to publish in Map Guide 6.5.  The reason I use mpolygons is to get rid of some internal islands.  Is there another way of doing this?  I've used a FDO connection to connect to the shapefile, but I can't export it.

Michael Kohler

Message 7 of 12
ishkav

I have the same issue with Civil 3D 2013. I run it on my laptop and the issue is simple. I draw a rectangle, I try to create a polygon using MPolygon and it creates it. When I exit the command and I try to hover over the polygon, the cursor stops at the edge of the polygon and fatal errors. What graphics card do you use? I run a switchable based on Intel and AMD. 

Ishka
CAD Manager
Tom Groll Engineering
Email: ishka@tg-eng.com
Blog: http://www.civildigest.com, Twitter: C3Dish
Windows 7 x64, IDS 2014, 2013 & C3D 2012
Intel i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Message 8 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ishkav

Hi,

>> When I exit the command and I try to hover over the polygon, the cursor stops

>> at the edge of the polygon and fatal errors

Try to disable ROLLOVERTIPS first and if that is not enough also disable SELECTIONPREVIEW. Let us know if this avoids crashing Map.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 12
ishkav

Looks like the rollovertips is the culprit. The thing is that I believe it is tied to the videocard, since I can try the same on another machine that let's say has a Nvidia and I did not get any issues with rollovertips on. So I guess we should all look into certified video cards from now on?

Ishka
CAD Manager
Tom Groll Engineering
Email: ishka@tg-eng.com
Blog: http://www.civildigest.com, Twitter: C3Dish
Windows 7 x64, IDS 2014, 2013 & C3D 2012
Intel i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Message 10 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ishkav

Hi,

>> So I guess we should all look into certified video cards from now on?

Maybe? I would start disabling the hardware-acceleration + give us the info what GC you have (including driver-version and what OS you are running).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 12
Gtuni

Win7 64bit. Civil 3D 64bit.

I have the same problem after using Data Connect to add a polyline shapefile to my drawing.

I would roll off the Data Connect Diloag an onto the shapefile...HANG...CRASH.

Thanks to Alfred's suggestion I checked ROLLOVERTIPS and SELECTIONPREVIEW.

ROLLOVERTIPS was set to 0 already, SELECTIONPREVIEW was set to 3, I changed it to 0.

Everything works good now.

I checked these two settings in Civil3D 2011, where I have no problems with shapefiles, and ROLLOVERTIPS was set to 0; SELECTIONPREVIEW was set to 3. Those same settings will not work in Civil 3D 2012.

Message 12 of 12
Gtuni
in reply to: Gtuni

Win7 64 bit & Civil3D 2012 64bit

Further testing shows that if I use a regualar AutoCAD template when using the Planning andd Analysis' Data Connect to bring in a shapefile, it will hang and crash.

If I use a civil 3D template, no matter what the SELECTIONPREVIEW is set to, it will not hang and crash.

In Civil 3D 2011 64bit, it works no matter which template I use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost