AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Classification problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
foxeec
428 Views, 1 Reply

Map Classification problem

I just started playing with classifying objects in Map and have come across a problem.  Sorry if this has been asked about, but my search functions on the site don't seem to be working...

When setting up the classification definitions, everything seems to go well, i specify the things i want, including layer information and some Object Data.  I'm able to 'create' a classified obect with all the parameters i've selected - yay!  i thought.

then i closed the program, and came back today.  my object classes are still there, but when i go to 'create' an object now, it assigns it to the layer i'm currently on, instead of the one assigned in the object class.  i checked the properties of the object class and they are as i set them up.

Any suggestions?

Map 2012

64-bit

Windows 7

Lorrie

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
foxeec
in reply to: foxeec

Just wanted to post and tell of my solution in case anyone else comes across this.

As i was setting up my object classes, i wanted to include layer information, so in the 'default' box i entered the layer i wanted the object to be drawn on..  This did not hold.  the objects would draw on whatever layer was current.

I've resolved that by not only specifying the default layer, but also under the 'Range', entering the specific layer.  I didn't realize i needed to do that.

Lorrie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost