AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3d 2007 and 64-bit XP

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
465 Views, 2 Replies

Map 3d 2007 and 64-bit XP

Anyone try Map 3D 2007 on Win XP 64-bit?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
schroederC3D
in reply to: Anonymous

Yup, and it isn't pretty, at least not from my experience. I get a list of errors - Most of which I can't recall right now so I won't type one out and send someone on a wild-goose chase.

I tried it on a xp64 system, with a clean install of Civil3D. None of the Map or Civil commands work, only the standard vanilla CAD ones.

I don't have time to dedicate to getting it to work, but if someone manages to get it going, I'd love to hear how they did it. I had it working once by dragging some ARX files that it said it couldn't find into the drawing window. If I did it in the right order, at the certain time of day, when the wind was blowing from the east, it would work.

I suspect it's just a matter of pathing Acad to find the right files, but damned if I have time for it. I tried the fix on the adesk site for the similar error I was experiencing, but had no luck.

Andrew

Reply Syntax?
Command (Uppercase): TRIM, Variable (Italicized): MSLTSCALE, Civil 3D Object (Within brackets): [SITE]

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Please support my Idea to revert the forum format to the old one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-ideas/revert-to-old-forum-layout/idi-p/7917987
Message 3 of 3
BillPowell
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, I tried it using Map 3D 2007. Numerous problems.
When I went to Autodesk for support, they refuse to troubleshoot, as I was using XP64 as an OS. I was running a very extensive suite of software of which Map 3D was only one. I only had issues with two programs:
Autodesk Map 3D 2007 and Acrobat Pro 2008
Both these vendors do not support 64Bit OS.

This forced me to go back to a 32bit OS. I was not impressed. I have a monster machine, and it is a shame to be forced to run a 32Bit OS.

Autodesk is supposed to be a world leader in Graphics software. Its not that I expect it to be able to take advantage of 64Bit processing, I just want it to work on that OS even if it is using 32Bit compatibility mode.

I have been told from Autodesk that Map 3D 2008 will not support 64 Bit OS, although the Vanilla Autocad will.

Once again, extremely dissapointing. Cartography and GIS professions are ones that stand to gain a lot of productivity from 64 Bit processing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost