AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D has RUS standards?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
donald.e.clark
728 Views, 5 Replies

Map 3D has RUS standards?

I have a question about RUS standards in AutoCAD.  Before I ask that question, I have a different question.  Should I post this on the Civil 3D forum instead?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Murph_Map
in reply to: donald.e.clark

Sounds more like a question to ask on the AUD forum if there is one. But ask in here as well.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 6
donald.e.clark
in reply to: Murph_Map

AUD question.  No AUD forum.

Most clients want RUS variants.  For example, unit "A1" has extra letters and numbers but it is the eqivalent of "A1".  AUD has RUS Imperial set as the default.  How do I change this for the benefit of creating skating sheets with the client-specific Specs?

Message 4 of 6
Murph_Map
in reply to: donald.e.clark

The way I did it 15 years ago was just list the A1 with an asterisk (*) and write in the changes/addition on the staking sheet. Heck most of the lineman we had knew what was needed more that the staking engineer did. 

BTW I may be one of the few that read this forum that know what an A1 is. 🙂 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 6
donald.e.clark
in reply to: Murph_Map

I believe with both Map 3D and Civil 3D, Plan & Profile and Staking Sheets can be generated almost automatically as long as model space is set up correctly.  The goal is to increase quantity and quality at the same time.

Message 6 of 6

Hi Donald, There actually is a AUD (Utility Design) forum (it's under the "Additional Products" category so it's a little more of a challenge to find the first time). Here is the link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Utility-Design/bd-p/146 I would suggest reposting your question over there. Good luck! Thanks,

Diane Cloutier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost