AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D Newbie Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
TrevN
510 Views, 7 Replies

Map 3D Newbie Help!

Hi,

New to Map 3D so be gentle!

This may be really obvious but I cant see it. I'm trying to import an image stright from Google Earth and can't work it out, (said it was simple).

Looking at the help file it says go to Render tab and set location. I can't see the render tab anywhere? Is it called anything differnet in the UK? I can't even find an import command anywhere that says import from Google?

Am I being really simple or is there something missing from my installation?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Murph_Map
in reply to: TrevN

Map3D can no longer import images from Google Earth out of the box. Do you have any add-on installed? What version of Map3D are you using?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 8
TrevN
in reply to: Murph_Map

Ahhh ok.

I'm running Infrastructure Suite 2014, I'm thinking I can do it through Civils 3D, but again as I haven't tried it before, I'm a little lost!

Thanks
Message 4 of 8
Murph_Map

I think the Render tab is part of the Raster Design, did you install Raster Design? (I don't have the full suite so only guessing)  As stated before Google earth and AutoCAD broke off their relationship so there is no import of GE images.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 8
gil.dalton

You can use Project BaseJump on the Autodesk Labs to connect to Bing Maps imagery through an FDO connection. I'm not sure of any license restriction for using the map data though.

Message 6 of 8
TrevN
in reply to: gil.dalton

Tried to install, didn't work because I think it's looking for 2013, I'm running 2014!
Message 7 of 8
gil.dalton

In the Data Connections look for "Add Basemap Services Connection" it may be that 2014 has this built in.

Message 8 of 8
gil.dalton

Project BaseJump is now built into the 2014 products, you can turn on aerial images using the GEOMAP command. The imagery can only be used as a reference as it will not plot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost