AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D Industry model, Oracle, coordinate system problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Sale05
595 Views, 4 Replies

Map 3D Industry model, Oracle, coordinate system problem

I have situation like this. We use industry models and Coordinate system MGI. On every model in Infrastructure Administrator Coordinate system has been set, even on every feature checked. In SQL developer I can see SRID is ok.

Problem is when I generate graphic or add data from FDO provider (Topobase provider or Oracle) I can't see what is the coordinate system. I am thinking on the screen where you make connection and you see all the features which are available in data store. It says Coordinate system - Unknown. On the second machine I have all the same thing. Same database, same database(on server), same client, same db client, but Map 3D can see what coordinate system is.

Problem is when I try to draw feature to unknown coordinate system, it says Coordinate system has not been assign globaly. Ok I asign it from Map, then I can draw, but drawn object moves on completly different coordinates. Simply said it doesn't show up where I drew it. Checked in DB, object has different coordinates then I drew them.

I diagnozed the problem doesn't exist when coordinate systems match, but when Map reads unknown coordinate system which has been set to MGI, problem exists.

Problem shows up in both Oracle 10g and 11g, both AutoCAD Map 2012 and 2013, both on Infrastructure Map Server 2012 and 2013, but only on some client(server for IMS) machines. So it must be due to Oracle client or to AutoCAD Map.

Does anyone have similar problem and any solution?

Tnx!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Gabriel_C
in reply to: Sale05

Hello,

I think i have the exact same problem in Map 2013, but it happens also when the coordinate systems match (still the one from the industry model appears unknown in Map).

Please let me know if you found any solutions.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
Sale05
in reply to: Gabriel_C

Hi Gabriel_C,

Yes, I did solve it. The problem was within file namemapper.csv.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk

Folders which depend on installed software:

Geospatial Coordinate Systems

Geospatial Coordinate Systems1300

Namemapper acually didn't have line where for my EPSG definition in Oracle. My first solution was to add it in Excel. It worked. Later after some installations I had same problem and the number of Geospatial Coordinate Systems increased, couldn't follow any more, so I took namemapper from 2012 and paste it instead 2013 version. It also worked.

You can try this, but results can be bad, so backup namemapper for 2013, just in case. Not the best way to solve it, but it helped me.

Message 4 of 5
Gabriel_C

Hi Sale05,

Thank you for the solution. The definitions for my coordinate system in Oracle and Map are deprecated, so i'll have to write new ones and link those in namemapper.

Best regards,

Gabriel C

Message 5 of 5
Gabriel_C

Hi Sale05,

Oracle doesn't have a definition for my CRS, so i wrote it myself.

When I open Map it still says <unknown coordinate system> , but when i draw an element it's displayed correctly.

How do I link them in namemapper? I tried using the Oracle name, the Map CRS code or description and nothing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost