AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D Enterprise 2012 / Topobase - Telco Datamodels?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MBell
997 Views, 6 Replies

Map 3D Enterprise 2012 / Topobase - Telco Datamodels?

Hi,

Does anybody know of commercialy availible Telco models for Map 3D Enterprise 2012 or previous versions of Topobase?

If so, who supplies them and for which regions do the models cover (Continent, Country, State/Region etc)?

Many thanks,

Mark.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: MBell

A couple versions back I created one for demo from the ESRI model. Don't know if ESRI still has there models for d/l or now. But it's not hard to convert thier stuff to topobase if you know AutoCAD, MAP3D, and a little lisp and SQL.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 7
kellera

Hi Mark and Murph,

Thank you for the feedback.

I discussed your question with the Map 3D, Enterprise and Server product manager. He said that while we cover many infrastructure industries with industry models, and plan to cover more in the future, at this point we work with excellent Autodesk Partners, like Spatialinfo to cover areas where we currently haven't developed a full solution like Telco.    See http://spatialinfo.com

In case you haven't see it, we post country kits and extensions here:  www.autodesk.com/map3d-countrykits

We will definitely consider your feedback as we plan future versions. Please keep it coming.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Alison Keller

Project Manager, Infrastructure

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: kellera

I discussed it with product mangers since 2006 and got the same answer, "We plan to add it in the future". The thing I do not like about letting the 3rd party do it is when it comes time to update it's always 6-10 months behind, when there is an issue its either a) we are looking at it and will get back to you on it, b) it's not our software its an MAP3D issue and we can do anything about it, c) We have fixed it in the next version you have to upgrade $$$.

It's leaves a bad mark on Autodesk when when one of the the well-know subject matter expert on the software has to tell a  Telecom client to go to "the other guy's GIS system" to do this & that or else buy 2 or 3 3rd party applications when the other utilities firms can do it with no problems.  

Murph
Message 5 of 7
MBell
in reply to: Murph_Map

Murph - thanks for the input.  Interesting that you've taken the model out of ArcInfo.  Did you deploy it into a working customer environment?

Alison - thanks for the link to spatialinfo.  It looks as if they cover the US and probably Asia via the Oz office.  Do you know of anybody with a DM for the mixed bag that is Europe?

Mark.

Message 6 of 7
Murph_Map

@mbell wrote:

Murph - thanks for the input.  Interesting that you've taken the model out of ArcInfo.  Did you deploy it into a working customer environment?

Mark.

No, I did it all on a laptop in an Oracle DS and with Object classes to demo how Ordcle and map worked together with a model that they could use. The customer was interested but didn't want to go with Oracle,

Murph
Message 7 of 7
thkoehler

Hi Mark,

we're a Telco services company located in Chemnitz, Germany and we're offering a Telco solution for Topobase/Map 3D Enterprise since 2002.

Our product, the Network Explorer for Telecommunication (NET), supports fiber optic, coax and two-wire networks as well as duct and microduct infrastructure. Apart from the data model, NET comes with a huge palette of functionality with respect to network operations and maintenance (routing/tracing/trouble detection etc.). Our current development focus is on efficient planning algorithms for FTTx networks.

Please have a look at our website http://www.tki-chemnitz.de/en/software_net.htm and don't hesitate to contact me for further information.

Best regards

Thomas Koehler
Senior Software Engineer
TKI
NET@tki-chemnitz.de 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost