AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D 2013 - Ribbon Bug

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kconn85
513 Views, 4 Replies

Map 3D 2013 - Ribbon Bug

I assume from reading past posts this is a bug. A blank Ribbon palette opens when I start up AutoCAD. It loads my custom workspace, but it also loads a ribbon palette each time aswell. 

I'm using AUTOCAD Map3D 2013 Service pack 2.1

I'm sure there is a patch for this out there by now, I mean there has to be, I mean, why would Auto desk NOT want to fix this problem.  Can someone please point me to the patch that will fix this problem. 

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: kconn85

Hi,

welcome  @forums.autodesk.com !

>> A blank Ribbon palette opens when I start up AutoCAD. It loads my custom workspace,

>> but it also loads a ribbon palette each time aswell.

I'm not sure what you see on your system now, a blank ribbon or ...? At least it can show only one ribbon.

Can you make a screenshot and upload it?

>> I assume from reading past posts

Which posts?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
kconn85

Screen shot below.

I can set up my CUI, and turn off ribbons, but this one keep popping up every time I open the program. It's blank. Nothing is shown. From reading other posts on this subject, it seems this maybe a bug on earlier versions as well. But I also remember reading a post, saying this bug was fixed on the 2014 version. I figured there's got to be a patch for this by now for 2013. 

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

sorry to say that I have no idea why that pops up,It might have to do with the necessarity to have a preserved place for context-sensitive ribbons.

I would try to dock the palette to the position where it is by default (top), then start command _RIBBONCLOSE (if you really don't want it) and last but not least save that workspace now.

If you have saved the new workspace and at the next restart of Map3D that workspace is not current (Map3D started with another one) you might change the setting for the startup-workspace using the /w start parameter (>>>click<<<).

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
kconn85

I called tech Support, and it looks like its a bug they don't plan to fix.....for 2013 version. They fixed it for the 2014.

Real bummer, considering my company spent a great deal of money buying these licenses. 

Thanks for the help anyways. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost