AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D 2012 label behavior

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
wilsonherrera
1274 Views, 7 Replies

Map 3D 2012 label behavior

Hello,

I am using map 3D and find with surprise that the label management has been "improved" but it has a reccurrent issue.

i have thousands of lines, but not everyone has a name, when i define the style for the layer, every line that doesn't have a name, appears with the label "TEXT" 

this is something that takes away from the style of the layer, there is a way to avoid that "text" label being displayed?

Best Regards,

Wilson Herrera

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
chierchio
in reply to: wilsonherrera

I confirm the same problem with ver 2012 - SP1

Nulls show up with the label 'text'

Message 3 of 8

Please?  Anyone?
Im also using Map 2012, and Im trying everything but I cant get rid of these **** "text" road labels, and there are way too many to convert to MText to get around the problem

Cheers

Colin

Message 4 of 8

OK, the only way I could get around this was by opening up the table of the "roads" layer.

Then I sorted the column by "name".

Then I checked out all the cells that displayed the road name as "<NULL>", and I replaced each of those cells with "." (a period).

Than I checked it all back in. The  period can hardly be seen on the final print and it gets me by until I discover a fix for the annoying "text" labels for the null entries.

I hope this helps.

Colin

Message 5 of 8

Hi,

just a question to that ... did you try to replace it by a SPACE instead of a dot? Didn't that work also?(Havn't tried it yet)

For me I would have duplicated the line in the styleeditor, so you'll have the same geometry-representation, and for the first of these two lines define a filter for "where is my text-field = null" ==> and in this line swith off the labeling.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 8

Hi Alfred. Yes, I did first try and replace the "<NULL>" with a space, and the "text" labels still came up.

I did try to use the filtering within the style editor (I noticed the Comparison Operators: "IS NOT NULL" & "IS NULL"), but my proficiency isnt the best yet at creating my Expressions and I couldnt get it to work for me.

I would love to know the expression that basically finds all the fields/cells that say: "<NULL>", and then switches off the labelling (like you said)

Regards

colin

Message 7 of 8

Hi,

>> expression that basically finds all the fields/cells that say: "<NULL>"

If KATEGORY is the fieldname that is to check you give this as filter-expression:

KATEGORY NULL

Tested with Civil2011 & Map3D 2012.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 8

Worked a treat. Thanks!

I just created a new rule ("NAME  NULL") and had nothing as the feature label.

Thanks again

Colin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost