AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 2000 (release 4) on 64 bit

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
AllenJessup
658 Views, 8 Replies

Map 2000 (release 4) on 64 bit

One of our other departments stopped upgrading with Map 2000. They now have new 64 bit computers but can't get Map R4 to install. I'd believe that it's probably a problem with the installer rather than the program. Has anyone gotten this version running on a 64 bit machine?

Thanks

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
thepworth
in reply to: AllenJessup

Allen,

I don't think versions prior to 2010 supported on 64-bit OS.  What you could do is to create a virtual 32bit machine within the 64-bit os and then install on the VM.  Clunky but would likely work.

Message 3 of 9
AllenJessup
in reply to: thepworth

Thanks for the reply. It would work if our IT would go for it. NOT! Our Planning Dept. is in charge of our GIS and use E$RI products. But they always liked Map for some things. The new ESRI releases need 64 bit, so they are one of just a few of us that have been allowed to get a Win 7, 64 bit computer.

I know the real answer is to upgrade them to the current release. But they have less than no money. So I think they may be stuck.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
thepworth
in reply to: AllenJessup

However, you're on C3D, correct?  if they're infrequently using Map, can they use your seat (is it networked) when you're "at lunch" or are you on stand-alone?  

Message 5 of 9
AllenJessup
in reply to: thepworth

We're networked. It's an interesting possibility and I've considered it before. What I'd really like them to do is to upgrade one of the 3 licenses we left behind a couple of years ago. Much cheaper than a new seat of Map and I wouldn't have to worry about them impinging on our pool. But there's the no money aspect.

It would, again, involve our IT. But not to a great extent. They'd just have to open up their firewall to see out license server. A stumbling block might be they wouldn't be able to run the network deployment over the WAN. It's too slow. But they could bring their computer over here and install it. The other problem would be interdepartmental politics. I'd be questioned on why we're providing that department with something they should be paying for. Not my opinion  but one I know I'd have to deal with. Politics really "vacuum"!

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

Map 2000i will work on a 64bit machine. It loads into the Program (x86) folder for 32 bit programs. I have many seats installed and it does work.

Message 7 of 9

This is release 4.5.....

Message 8 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: george.thompson

you can see if this works: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/Updated-Workaround-instructions-for-64-Bit-OS-Ins...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
thepworth
in reply to: george.thompson

thanks - guess I was in the mindset of Win7 & getting confused with prior versions of C3D... My bad!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost