AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTEXT labels become TEXT when exporting to AutoCAD

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
annw2
767 Views, 5 Replies

MTEXT labels become TEXT when exporting to AutoCAD

Since I couldn't get MAP data to plot correctly, I stumbled upon the map icon on the map workspace that says it exports data to Generic AutoCAD.   The help function wasn't helpful.

When I did so, all my MTEXT labels became TEXT objects.  When I tried to use the Express tools Text to MTEXT function, the text order became randomized. 

I also couldn't find the TEXT to MTEXT function in the help files.  I had to use Google to find a blog that explained it.  I guess Autodesk is ashamed of the function.

The parcel lines were still non-object objects and I couldn't adjust the properties.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
diane.cloutier
in reply to: annw2

Hi Ann,

What issues were you having with plotting map data?

I tested the MAPTOACAD command in AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 on some sample data and my MTEXT labels stayed MTEXT in my new drawing.  What version of AutoCAD Map 3D are you using?  Would it be possible to attach a sample of the drawing/data you are using so I can see if I can replicate your results?  

The TXT2MTXT Help file can be found here: http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2014/ENU/filesACD/GUID-1E68C8B2-520F-4084-BD20-51DC4A32A7E5.htm

As far as the random order, try changing the settings in the "Text to MText Options" dialogue box by right-clicking after executing the command.

Also, can you explain what you mean by "The parcel lines were still non-object objects"?

Finally, if you have any feedback for the product team regarding the contents of the Help files (or any other product features), I encourage you to submit this to the Product Manager via the following link (be sure to select AutoCAD Map 3D from the product drop down menu):

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks!

Diane Cloutier
Message 3 of 6
annw2
in reply to: diane.cloutier

The parcel lines cannot be selected or adjusted to AutoCAD colors or layers.
Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> The parcel lines cannot be selected or adjusted to AutoCAD colors or layers.

Please see us as persons not seeing your screen and not seeing your data. If you want us to help for specific situations please share the data you have so we can look into it or describe what you have as exact as possible.

We don't know what data-type your parcel lines are, that may be

• simple AutoCAD geometry types like line, polyline, 3d-polyline, ...
  • Civil 3D parcel objects
  • Map 3D FDO objects from an external GIS datasource
  • Industry model objects (from a predefined template or your own one)
  • objects created by a third party application

Each of them has to be handled differently to assign colors or other options, but as long as we don't know that it is impossible to give valuable suggestions.

Imagine my call for help with the sentence "it does not start" and I'm not telling anything about "it". "it"'could be my operating system, my AutoCAD or even my car. The comparision might sound strange, but that's where we are: we don't know what you have as "parcel lines" PLUS we don't know what you mean exactly by "parcel lines cannot be selected" ==> does that really mean you click onto them and they don't get highlighted (no grips, no content in property window)?

As mentioned, the best option for us to help you is to get the dataset you have.

If you can't publish the data and you can select a parcel line then please open the property window (<CTRL><1>), then click onto any of the parcel lines and then make a screenshot and upload it (so we can see the geometry and the content of the property window).

If nothing happens when you click onto any of the lines then start command _LIST and select then the entity, in that case show us what is reported in the long command-window (<F2> to bring it to the front).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
annw2
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I am at home. From memory last week.

MAPWORKSPACE ON

Layer S-ADJOINERS current

Connect to Data - Connect to shp file from County Tax Assessor / GIS.

County appears on screen with parcels filled.

Stumble around Data style functions to turn  off fill to just get the lines.

Lines are in dark color that does not match current layer.

Stumble around color option.  The colors are not set up the same as Standard AutoCAD colors.  The general primary colors do not seem to match the standard color 1 = red color 2 = yellow, etc that we use to control line weights in our usual AutoCAD drawings.

The green doesn't seem to be the standard green and does not plot as a black line with the correct width, but rather a a 'screened' line with a thin width.

Color white is invisible rather than a thick black line.  (That took me awhile to figure out.)

Color black seems essentially black, but is invisible  on the screen unless I use

OPTIONS - Display to turn the screen background white.  (My eyes are getting too old for that.)

The rest of the detail will have to wait until I have the opportunity to try this again in the office.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 6 of 6
parkr4st

Ann

Layer Manager has no control over appearance of FDO layer(s) in Task Pane.  To understand, go to layer manager and turn off all the drawing layers. The FDO layers are still visible.

Colors are colors, you can chose from a million or so hues.  Forget drawing layers & AutoCAD Colors and style for good sensible appearance of the data.  Yes, it seems clunky, but you catch on after a while.

I use a white screen, Better contrast for colors for my eyes.  You can use any color, a light beige may be good instead of bright white.  Pantone P1-U1 may work for you.

When you get the style just the way you like it, save as a .layer file.

This link appeared today in the messages.   http://akn.autodesk.com/maps/ENU/494137653  check it out.  The visualizing and Styling videos may answer a lot of your questions.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost