AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPEXPORT4 TO MAPINFO

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CCGIS_2011
476 Views, 1 Reply

MAPEXPORT4 TO MAPINFO

Been using MAPEXPORT4 command for several yr's without any issues.( when doing a MAPEXPORT4 & selecting my dwg. To be converted as a .MIF I also do a export geometry coordinate conversion etc, it creates the .MIF & .MID fine)

But after installing AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 we have come across a problem.( Note when we used 02' threw 10' AutoCAD the MAPEXPORT4 command worked great for us )

Now when using the MAPEXPORT4 command in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 it will create a .MIF just fine.  When imported to MAPINFO it dose open something but fails to place the exact export that was selected. It imports as a node or a very long single line that is way off are coordinate I gave it. It looks like as if the X and Y are off and I'm seeing the import in a different point of view.

NOTE_What I have been mapexport4 from AutoCAD 12' are large subdivisions with text, large regions used as city limits, etc.

Is there a setting that needs to be done in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 that I'm over seeing ?

Any suggestions ? ! ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
braudpat
in reply to: CCGIS_2011

Hello

It could be a bug of MAP 2012 specific to the very old _MAPIMPORT4 / _MAPEXPORT4 commands  !?

Have you installed the SP 2 for MAP 2012 ?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19820805&linkID=9240858

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost