AutoCAD Map 3D General

Contributor
Peter_NDNG
Message 11 of 15 (136 Views)

Re: MAPEXPORT Xref

04-02-2012 06:47 AM in reply to: Murph

Thanks, but will this allow the drawings to be automatically updated in my map3d drawing if our engineers modify the drawing that was attached?

Distinguished Mentor
thepworth
Message 12 of 15 (131 Views)

04-02-2012 07:31 AM in reply to: Peter_NDNG

Unfortuantely, No - drawing queries are "static." so you'd have save the query and then re-execute each time.  Also, for whatever reason, drawing queries do NOT pick up / speak AEC object language - you won't get Civil3D surfaces, alignments, points, parcels, etc.  Forwarned is foreamred :smileywink:

TdH

C3D 2011
Intel Xeon E5630@2.53Ghz
NVIDA Quadro NVS420 Dual Monitor
12GB Ram / Win7 Professional 64bit SP1
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 13 of 15 (119 Views)

04-02-2012 03:02 PM in reply to: Peter_NDNG

Peter_NDNG wrote:

Thanks, but will this allow the drawings to be automatically updated in my map3d drawing if our engineers modify the drawing that was attached?

Not any more than the exported file that you export. If you save the query to an external query you can open a blank dwg and run that query to get all new updated objects.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 14 of 15 (118 Views)

04-02-2012 03:04 PM in reply to: thepworth

thepworth wrote:

Unfortuantely, No - drawing queries are "static." so you'd have save the query and then re-execute each time.  Also, for whatever reason, drawing queries do NOT pick up / speak AEC object language - you won't get Civil3D surfaces, alignments, points, parcels, etc.  Forwarned is foreamred :smileywink:

TdH

Saving the query as an extrenal query makes it easy, also those AEC objects (Civil3D) don't export either with the mapexport command.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
Contributor
Peter_NDNG
Message 15 of 15 (104 Views)

04-03-2012 12:16 PM in reply to: Murph

Thanks all, I've got it all working.  When I attach an xref I need to do it a as an attachment rather than an overlay.  Then I set up ETRANSMIT to insert exrefs under transmittal setups.  Now I just open the .dwg with ArcGIS and use the CAD to Geodatabase tool, and BaDOW! :smileyvery-happy:our asbuilts are in in a .gdb which we can push out to ArcServer and to our FLEX viewer for our guys in the field.

Thanks a lot for the help everyone.

Now I just need to work on getting all this scripted.  Thank goodness lisp looks really easy.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community