AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAP 3d 2012 fdo linetypes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
574 Views, 3 Replies

MAP 3d 2012 fdo linetypes

HI

I messing around with creating new linetypes for FDO connection. Its seems, its not so easy at all to create custom linetype.  I know all built in linetypes can be used as fdo linetypes. MAP 2012 version  allows also  import linetypes from .lin file.

I modified acad.lin file, added new  linetype based bulit in linetype GAS_LINE, just copied GAS_LINE definition rows and changed word "GAS" something else. Now its working great when I use this linetype as standard CAD line, but if want to use thise linetype as FDO feature linetype, then my troubles started. It was possible to use newly created linetype but trouble is that I cant select this feature anymore and linetype text always remain black when I want to change line color.

Does anybody knows why this problem occurs.

I added picture about acad.lin definition file and how the FDO sdf line looks like.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

sorry to say (and just as Info for Autodesk) ==> I can reproduce both:

• text stays black
  • fdo-geometry not selectable anymore (on graphics-area, of course selectable via datagrid-view)

Also interesting is: I have two fdo-lines, when pressing <Ctrl>-<A> (for "select all") I only get the first element gripped.

I see now the two workarounds (as the import from AutoCAD-linetypes containing text does not work) in that way:

A) to create a symbol (AutoCAD-shape) that looks like the letters you want to print. Then import this linetype, because if the linetype contains symbols instead of text you can do both, select and colorize.

B) you can create your TEXT-objects directly in the FDO-linestyle-dialog, so assign one normal line and add a second "symbol" as type "MTEXT" or "TEXT", for that compontent you can set the color like you want.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for information. But original GAS line seems text based linetype, in lin file there are no information that linetype elements are using  the shx file.

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> But original GAS line seems text based linetype

I see that the GAS_LINE linetype already exists as FDO-linetype! So selecting it from the ACAD.LIN-file may not do an import from the LIN-file as it already exists. And if I'm right, then there is not TEXT used within the linetype-definition.

But you can try to save the FDO-layer as LAYER-file and look into it with an ascii-editor ==> there the linetypedefinition is saved. Do you find the word "GAS" within the definition (not as defining name within the XML-stucture) than you are right, if so let me know!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost