AutoCAD Map 3D General

Active Contributor
Message 11 of 13 (308 Views)

Re: MAP 3D 2013: DRAWING & SQL SERVER SPATIAL ISSUES

02-19-2013 11:07 AM in reply to: phil_borycens

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your input. I was able to remove all but one of the sql server connections through map explorer. It ignored the same one as mentioned earlier. I then exported to a dwg. Upon opening that exported dwg, an error message popped up indicating 2 errors were found & to not open the drawing; run a recover instead. I ran recover on the drawing & it found, fixed & erased 2 errors. All data connections were striped from the drawing like you said they would be. I connected the same data as I had before & still receive the warning message indicating invalid object name. I removed the layer that indicates the invalid object name & it still gives me the error after saving, closing & re-opening.

It seems as though because other layers are connected to the same sql server, it triggers this warning. I know this is a minor issue, as far as, the warning messages continually popping up, but it seems as though it's part of a bigger problem. If anything is renamed down the road within the sql server, it seems like I'll have this issue over & over. Isn't there some way for either the sql server or AutoCAD Map 3D to recognize when a change occurs & automatically update information used in Map 3D that is just referencing the sql server? Is this what's happening?

Thanks,

Robyn

Active Contributor
Message 12 of 13 (262 Views)

02-21-2013 10:25 AM in reply to: rckohler

I talked with our DBA about these issues. The 'Invalid object name' warning keeps popping up because this layer doesn't exist in the SQL server spatial anymore. So, any drawing created before this layer was deleted from the  server, will continue having these warnings pop up. All new drawings are warning free.

Thanks again everyone for helping me through this.

Product Support
phil_borycens
Message 13 of 13 (259 Views)

02-21-2013 10:31 AM in reply to: rckohler

AWESOME! Thank you for the update Robyn. I appreciate you closing the loop on this.

Thanks to everyone else who chimed in too.

Phil Borycens

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community