AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List hatching areas 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jcod
367 Views, 3 Replies

List hatching areas 2012

Hello and thanks in advance for the help.

I’m trying to list the area of hatching in a few drawings.  I’ve used this method in the past to figure this out.  I’m using AutoCAD Map 3D 2012.  I used Map 3D 2010 and could simply list the hatching and see the areas.  Is the newer version not as good in this regard?

Regards,

Jim

Windows 7 Enterprise

Service Pack 1

Intel® Core ™ i5 CPU

M 560 @ 2.67GHz

4.00 GB of RAM

64-bit Operating System

Video:

NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800m

AutoCAD Map 3D 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jcod

Hi,

it is the same ... plus it has the same problems as in older releases.

So e.g. if you have some SPLINE-objects or ELLIPTICAL curves as part of the hatch-boundary .. or if the boundaries crosses or touches itself then the display of the area is sometimes not possible.

BTW: instead of _LIST you can also see the area of polylines (if available) in the property-window.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
jcod

I realize the "list" command is the same.  I'm looking for the areas of the HATCH patterns not the polylines making up the boundaries.  the HATCH patterns areas are different than the boundary areas.  Picture a donut.  I want the area of the "hole" and the area of the donut.  If I list the areas of the polylines I get the area of the "whole" donut then need to subtract the "hole" to get the area of the donut.  right?  in Map 3D 2010 I could simply list the areas and get the correct areas.

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

you can also click ontp a hatch-object to get the area displayed within the property-window. I didn't say that you have to use the polylines instead. What I tried to describe is:
if the boundary of a hatch is some type of ellipctial arc, a spline or a crossing our self-touching polylines ... then your hatch-object may not show the area, not with list and not with property-window, not with 2010 or 2013.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost