AutoCAD Map 3D General

rwh_acad
Message 1 of 7 (858 Views)

Layer color does not change on first try

858 Views, 6 Replies
08-12-2005 07:36 AM
Has anyone experienced the layer manager not keeping your color selection the first time when you attempt to change the color of a layer? I have not repeated the experience enough to know the particular situation under which this happens but the result is the same. I open layer manager, click the color swatch to bring up the color selector and select a color, select ok and ok. When I look at the layers color it did not change. It seems to happen most on newly created layers.
Anyone else experience this?
Contributor
CoRintern
Message 2 of 7 (858 Views)

Re: Layer color does not change on first try

08-12-2005 07:50 AM in reply to: rwh_acad
You may want to make sure that the objects you are drawing have their color set to "ByLayer" on the properties bar.
Distinguished Contributor
schroedera
Message 3 of 7 (858 Views)

08-12-2005 11:57 PM in reply to: rwh_acad
Hi, You're not going crazy, I've noticed this too, i select a layer colour and click ok. Back at the layer manager, the colour hasn't changed. I go back in a d do it again and it sticks. I thought I was starting to lose it, since I couldn't reproduce it on-call, good to see someone else has experienced it.
dhata23
Message 4 of 7 (775 Views)

02-09-2012 09:51 AM in reply to: rwh_acad

I've had an issue with this as well. So frustrating!

Here's the "solutions"...

1. If the layer manager is docked, it will work fine.

or

2. If you change the color, then click the layer to select it, then it will change.

Both seem pointless in its own respective manner...Now that I have docked and undocked the layer manager, it seems to work fine. Weird. I can't recreate the issue. Perhaps I inadvertently found a work around? Maybe you can try it and reply with your results. I'd like to know if that helps you.

dhata23
Message 5 of 7 (767 Views)

02-09-2012 01:30 PM in reply to: dhata23

Ok, I was joking...ignore my previous post. I found that it has to do with the order of setting new layer properties. When you start a new layer, change the color first. Then, change the name. I tend to change the name and then the color. This will have to take some getting used to.

SuhairQoborsi2588
Message 6 of 7 (652 Views)

12-19-2012 01:15 PM in reply to: rwh_acad

In my case, layer color did not change on several tries. What worked is: in layer manager, try to change layer color, it won't work, press apply, then try to change the color again and this time it works. This is in AutoCAD 2007.

*Expert Elite*
antoniovinci
Message 7 of 7 (647 Views)

12-20-2012 02:03 AM in reply to: SuhairQoborsi2588

SuhairQoborsi2588 wrote:

This is in AutoCAD 2007.

Did you just apply the latest available Service Pack for your release..?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community