AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer color does not change on first try

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rwh_acad
7083 Views, 7 Replies

Layer color does not change on first try

Has anyone experienced the layer manager not keeping your color selection the first time when you attempt to change the color of a layer? I have not repeated the experience enough to know the particular situation under which this happens but the result is the same. I open layer manager, click the color swatch to bring up the color selector and select a color, select ok and ok. When I look at the layers color it did not change. It seems to happen most on newly created layers.
Anyone else experience this?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoRintern
in reply to: rwh_acad

You may want to make sure that the objects you are drawing have their color set to "ByLayer" on the properties bar.
Message 3 of 8
schroederC3D

Hi, You're not going crazy, I've noticed this too, i select a layer colour and click ok. Back at the layer manager, the colour hasn't changed. I go back in a d do it again and it sticks. I thought I was starting to lose it, since I couldn't reproduce it on-call, good to see someone else has experienced it.

Reply Syntax?
Command (Uppercase): TRIM, Variable (Italicized): MSLTSCALE, Civil 3D Object (Within brackets): [SITE]

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Please support my Idea to revert the forum format to the old one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-ideas/revert-to-old-forum-layout/idi-p/7917987
Message 4 of 8
dhata23

I've had an issue with this as well. So frustrating!

Here's the "solutions"...

1. If the layer manager is docked, it will work fine.

or

2. If you change the color, then click the layer to select it, then it will change.

Both seem pointless in its own respective manner...Now that I have docked and undocked the layer manager, it seems to work fine. Weird. I can't recreate the issue. Perhaps I inadvertently found a work around? Maybe you can try it and reply with your results. I'd like to know if that helps you.

Message 5 of 8
dhata23
in reply to: dhata23

Ok, I was joking...ignore my previous post. I found that it has to do with the order of setting new layer properties. When you start a new layer, change the color first. Then, change the name. I tend to change the name and then the color. This will have to take some getting used to.

Message 6 of 8

In my case, layer color did not change on several tries. What worked is: in layer manager, try to change layer color, it won't work, press apply, then try to change the color again and this time it works. This is in AutoCAD 2007.

Message 7 of 8

SuhairQoborsi2588 wrote:

This is in AutoCAD 2007.

Did you just apply the latest available Service Pack for your release..?

Message 8 of 8
bhuta_n
in reply to: SuhairQoborsi2588

Thank u. it was tricky. but worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost