AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels to annotation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
flemishcartographer
1143 Views, 5 Replies

Labels to annotation

Is there a way to convert shapefiles labels into annotation like in ArcGIS?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Yes, either import the shp file (create OD table)  and create annoation blocks from the data or with FDO data connect use the label options in the style manager.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 6

yes, I imported the shapefiles. I configure the labels to the style I want and show them. But after that, I'd like to be able to move them individually if needed. In ArcGIS, there's an option where you convert from labels to annotation, so they are no longer editable all that once but rather individual features.

Message 4 of 6

@flemishcartographer wrote:

yes, I imported the shapefiles. I configure the labels to the style I want and show them. But after that, I'd like to be able to move them individually if needed. In ArcGIS, there's an option where you convert from labels to annotation, so they are no longer editable all that once but rather individual features.

Did you import or Data Connet? Two different set of horses there. Using the data connect and style manager to label does not allow you to move them correct. Using the mapimport and annotnation blocks does.

Murph
Message 5 of 6

I was using data connect. I tried the other one now, it works. I guess each has its advantages. Some I want to keep as shapefiles though.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6

@flemishcartographer wrote:

I was using data connect. I tried the other one now, it works. I guess each has its advantages. Some I want to keep as shapefiles though.

Thanks

They can be kept as shp files once you create the anno blocks I have a few tricks to do that.  ; )

Murph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost