AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues attaching files from 2006 AutoCAD Map to 2013 Map 3D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LuisCollazo7470
349 Views, 3 Replies

Issues attaching files from 2006 AutoCAD Map to 2013 Map 3D

We are moving from 2006 AutoCAD Map to 2013 Map 3D. When I do an overlay of files in 2013 Map 3D which was

(X-REF) in 2006 the files don’t align, some do some don’t. I didn’t have that problem in 2006 or any other software. I have tried adding a cordinate system to the file to see if it mattered but it didnt unless I'm doing it wrong. I have just started working with 2013 Map 3D, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: LuisCollazo7470

What type of files and your procedure to overlay them?

Message 3 of 4
LuisCollazo7470
in reply to: parkr4st

My files are .dwg and I'm using attache DWG to overlay , The file was showing up on the File References area but not overlaid on the other file so I zoomed to full extents and noticed it was there but in a deferent location. I also get a notice "New Layers were found that need to be reconciled" I also added a coordinate system but how do I know which one is in the right location. Thanks

Message 4 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: LuisCollazo7470

I would check each file to determine if it indeed spatially located correctly for starters. You may need to find a base layer that you are abslutely sure is correctly geo referenced to compare each dwg to. After that you can try the overlay again, however perhaps you could _mapexport each to a sdf file and use data connect to bring them into Map2013.  If the work all aligns correctly then your data should be ready to use. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost