AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instability in Map 3D 2012 with Oracle FDO provider

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tmblackflag
538 Views, 2 Replies

Instability in Map 3D 2012 with Oracle FDO provider

Is anyone using this provider without issue? I kept getting random errors while editing features like:

- failed to save edit set

-feature source is disconnected

- failed to describe class

- item "layer name" not found in collection

- SchemaName: LayerName (304). Rev #<1>

In every instance I am absolutely connected to Oracle. Editing features typically works the first time I setup the drawing's connection. However after saving and reopening the drawing the issues sometimes, not always surface. 

This works 100% stable in Map 3D 2010 but I unfortunately need the ENHANCED styling that Map 2012 provides. 

My setup:

Windows 7 64bit

4gb ram

Oracle 11gR1 64bit client

Map 3d 2012 64bit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gluckett
in reply to: tmblackflag

Yes, you are not alone.  This occurs in 2013 (Map 3D and AIMS) too.

I have been testing Autodesk FDO for Oracle and SL-KING FDO for Oracle and found that the Autodesk FDO for Oracle has some significant instabilities, especially over 100 users.  I've switched to SL-KING FDO but there are some limitations with Themeing etc.

The Autodesk FDO for Oracle definitely needs some tweaking, if not some serious re-work for both Autodesk Map 3D 2012 and 2013 as well as Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012 and 2013.

Message 3 of 3
tmblackflag
in reply to: tmblackflag

thank you Gordon.

I recently opened a ticket with Autodesk. They said my errors were linked to a change request that is fixed but not due out until their next patch which they have no date for.

They advised me that these issues are fixed in 2013 so I upgraded and have had good results so far. However my user group is only about 7 so I  would probably not encounter some of the issues you are having. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost