AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting images, importing/exporting shp files, assign coordinate 2013

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
toney.lowery
1542 Views, 2 Replies

Inserting images, importing/exporting shp files, assign coordinate 2013

I recently upgraded to Map 3d 2010 to Mapd 3d 2013 and i cannot figure out how to find the commands to insert images or import/export shp files.

I'm running 2013 in "autocad classic" and did so with 2010 as well. 2010 had a menu bar pull down called "Map" where I could insert an image (Image->Insert). There was also in 2010 a toolbar named  "Map" that had import shp, export shp and assign coordinate system.

I can't find any of this in 2013. I can't even find the commands in the customization to create my own toolbar. The commands work (mapiinsert, mapimport, mapexport and ADESETCRDSYS) but i can't find them listed anywhere.

So where do I access these in 2013?

Thanks

Toney

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

you can import SHP-data using command _MAPIMPORT, you can also connect to SHP-data using the FDO-technique via command _DATACONNECT.

You can insert images (georeferenced) using command _MAPIINSERT or again (FDO) by _DATACONNECT.

To get the "Map"-pulldown menu use command _MENULOAD and add the file MAPCLASSIC.CUIX to the already loaded menues.

BTW: using classic style let you miss a lot of functionality, just by selecting an object or activating a layout or ....!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
JCanaan
in reply to: toney.lowery

In Civil 3D 2012 they are located under the Planning and Analysis workspace. Probably the same in 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost