AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting a Block With Attributable Text

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jfranc6253
474 Views, 3 Replies

Inserting a Block With Attributable Text

Hello. I am inserting a block into my drawing that has attributable text, and when I insert and pick the insertion point, the block prompts me immediately to fill in attributable text fields. My problem is that it runs through the sequence twice. How can I edit the block so it only does it once?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

>> My problem is that it runs through the sequence twice

What sequence runs twice? The insertion of the block or the insert-dialog for the insertion or the attribute request dialog or are you asked for the attributive contect twice in the command-line?

And "how did you start the insertion"? By entering _INSERT in the commandline or by starting the insertcommand from a toolbar or from the ribbon or from an application or from a self built tool/lisp/vba/menu/...?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

The attribute request dialog sequence runs twice. Actually, the prompt appears in the command line for filling in the information. A dialog box does not appear at all. I used Insert from the menu bar to insert the block into the drawing.

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> Actually, the prompt appears in the command line for filling in the information

Maybe then that you have your attribute-definitions doubled in your block-definition?

What happens if you set the sysvar ATTDIA to 1 ==> you get then a dialog that asks you to fill in the attributes, are there any attribute-names double?

You can also try to double-click the block when your insertion and attribute-request-handling was finished. You should then get a dialog that shows your attributes. And if there are any attributes doubled then you see these in red-colored.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost